THE MORNING BANTER: Healthcare Signups, Russian Bombings, Music Industry Happenings, and Packers Wins

It's the last Monday of 2013. Weird, right? Here's what's happening on the interweb:
It's the last Monday of 2013. Weird, right? Here's what's happening on the interweb:
download

It's the last Monday of 2013. Weird, right? Here's what's happening on the interweb:

1. Obamacare Website Enrollment Tops 1 Million

A December surge propelled health care sign-ups through the government's rehabilitated website past the 1 million mark. Obama said he was happy to hear about the accomplishment, but as he passed a McDonald’s on the way home, his eyes were drawn to the “Billions and Billions Served" illuminated above him. He mumbled something about tiny victories underneath his breath and continued on his way home, hoping that the kids weren’t asleep already.

2. Second Blast in Russia's Volgograd kills 14 on Trolleybus

A bomb blast ripped a trolleybus apart in Volgograd on Monday, killing 14 people in the second deadly attack in the southern city in two days and raising fears of further violence as Russia prepares to host the Winter Olympics. FREE PUSSY RIOT!

3. 15 Under Appreciated Events That Affected The Music Business In 2013

Forbes Magazine published a list of 15 events that shook the music industry up this year but that didn’t get enough press. Surprisingly, Chez’ Top 25 Singles of 2013 list was not included.

4. Green Bay Packers Defeat Chicago Bears To Advance To Playoffs

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers fired a 48-yard touchdown to Randall Cobb in the final minute of their contest against the Chicago Bears to win the NFC North and advance to the playoffs. I don’t have a joke about this; I’m just a Packers fan and I wanted to savor typing that sentence.