WATCH: Is It Islamophobia or Is It Just Islam?

What you're about to see is really extraordinary. It was shot at this year's Islamic "Peace Conference" in Denmark, and while I'm sure my decision to somewhat sarcastically qualify the name of the event may seem inflammatory, sitting through just this simple six-and-a-half minutes will help to put that choice into perspective.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
What you're about to see is really extraordinary. It was shot at this year's Islamic "Peace Conference" in Denmark, and while I'm sure my decision to somewhat sarcastically qualify the name of the event may seem inflammatory, sitting through just this simple six-and-a-half minutes will help to put that choice into perspective.
Screen Shot 2013-11-01 at 3.57.22 PM

islam

The fact that faith-based religion still exists in the year 2013 is barely conceivable. The fact that it's still held to as tightly as it is by so many around the world is sheer insanity. To point this out isn't intolerance -- it's common sense.

What you're about to see is really extraordinary. It was shot at this year's Islamic "Peace Conference" in Norway, and while I'm sure my decision to somewhat sarcastically qualify the name of the event may seem inflammatory, sitting through just this simple six-and-a-half minutes will help to put that choice into shockingly clear perspective.

Just watch.

As if you needed a message as perfectly clear as that summed up in a couple of words, the name of the clip over at YouTube is "It's Not the 'Radical Shaykh' It's Islam." What's utterly fascinating is that these followers of Islam -- men and women who by their own identification aren't extremist in any way -- are making the argument that many who've spoken out against Islam as a regressive, oppressive, and dangerously weaponized faith have been roundly criticized for. They're saying that Muslims who advocate the stoning of women -- and who demand that Allah's punishment for sinners and infidels be merciless and applied worldwide -- aren't extremists; they're just regular, decent Muslims.

What's more, staggeringly, the entire point of this panel is to assail the media for singling out those who preach or commit acts of violence as fundamentalist anomalies rather than giving "credit" to Islam itself. The speaker and panelists call this "Islamophobia." The press's determination to be as politically correct as possible in the name of not wanting to offend followers of Islam -- sometimes for very obvious reasons -- is actually seen as an insult by these panelists and those listening to them. It's mind-boggling stuff.

Here's the description of the clip at YouTube, unedited.

When Muslim organizations invite Shaykhs who speak openly about the values of Islam, the Islamophobic western media starts murdering the character of that organization and the invited speaker. The question these Islamophobic journalists need to reflect upon is; are these so called ''radical'' views that they criticize endorsed only by these few individuals being invited around the globe, or does the common Muslims believe in them. If the common Muslims believe in these values that means that more or less all Muslims are radical and that Islam is a radical religion. Since this is not the case, as Islam is a peaceful religion and so are the masses of common Muslims, these Shaykhs cannot be radical. Rather it is Islamophobia from the ignorant western media who is more concerned about making money by alienating Islam by presenting Muslims in this way. Islam Net, an organization in Norway, invited 9 speakers to Peace Conference Scandinavia 2013. These speakers would most likely be labelled as ''extremists'' if the media were to write about the conference. But how come this conference was the largest Islamic Scandinavian International event that has taken place in Norway with about 4000 people attending? Were the majority of those who attended in opposition to what the speakers were preaching? If so, how come they paid to enter? Let's forget about that for a moment, let's imagine that we don't really knew what all these people thought about for example segregation of men and women, or stoning to death of those who commit adultery. The Chairman of Islam Net, Fahad Ullah Qureshi asked the audience, and the answer was clear. The attendees were common Sunni Muslims. They did not consider themselves as radicals or extremists. They believed that segregation was the right thing to do, both men and women agreed upon this. They even supported stoning or whatever punishment Islam or prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) commanded for adultery or any other crime. They even believed that these practises should be implemented around the world. Now what does that tell us? Either all Muslims and Islam is radical, or the media is Islamophobic and racist in their presentation of Islam. Islam is not radical, nor is Muslims in general radical. That means that the media is the reason for the hatred against Muslims, which is spreading among the non-Muslims in western countries.

It's not radical Islam. It's just, you know, Islam

Go back and watch the clip again. For all of the insouciant hostility and lunacy on display, my favorite part of it is probably when one of the panelists says that the reason the press supposedly picks on Islam more than Christianity or Judaism is "because Islam is the truth."

My fairy tale can beat up your fairy tale.

Fucking madness.