The Morning Banter: Cheney's a Despicable Prick, Revisiting "Spy" Magazine, and Your First Look at "Noah"

Another work week is just about over but before you sneak out early to start the weekend drinking, here's a little reading material.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
Another work week is just about over but before you sneak out early to start the weekend drinking, here's a little reading material.
Screen Shot 2013-11-14 at 11.54.13 PM

Another work week is just about over but before you sneak out early to start the weekend drinking, here's a little reading material.

1. Heart of Darkness

I've never really stopped to consider what the person was like who died only to have his heart go to Dick Cheney. This is because it would infuriate me to know that, very likely, a good, kind, loving person's life was cut short while a vile prick like Cheney's goes on interminably. As it turns out, though, Dick Cheney hasn't stopped to think about who donated the heart that now beats inside him either. But that's precisely because he's a vile prick.

Salon: Dick Cheney: Even Bigger Monster Than You Thought/11.14.13

2. Spyglass

Smart, irreverent, and always fearlessly funny, Kurt Andersen and Graydon Carter's Spy magazine remains one of the genuinely great American publications, one whose cultural impact wouldn't truly be appreciated until well after it had already shut down its presses. This has actually been up for a couple of years now, but if you're really looking for something to kill your productivity today, dig through the archive of Spy issues available at Google Books.

Google Books: Spy Magazine

3. It's All About Mean

Anyone who's ever listened to Rush Limbaugh won't be surprise by this in the least. Still, here comes the science.

The Atlantic: All Bullies Are Narcissists/11.14.13

4. Real Wrath-of-God Type Stuff

Our first look at Darren Aronofsky getting his Biblical Roland Emmerich on is finally here. Behold, Noah.

Have a good weekend, kids.