THE MORNING BANTER: Obama Confronts Hecklers, Negative Emotions Save Us, Animals Were Harmed, and Katie Couric Joins Yahoo

It's the Tuesday before Thanksgiving (aka the day you go to the gym for 15 minutes longer than normal to justify eating 8,000 calories a day this weekend). Here's what's happening on the interweb.
It's the Tuesday before Thanksgiving (aka the day you go to the gym for 15 minutes longer than normal to justify eating 8,000 calories a day this weekend). Here's what's happening on the interweb.
1382292605000-obamacare

It's the Tuesday before Thanksgiving (aka the day you go to the gym for 15 minutes longer than normal to justify eating 8,000 calories a day this weekend). Here's what's happening on the interweb:

1. Obama Confronts Hecklers At Immigration Speech

Hecklers interrupted President Barack Obama during a speech on Monday to demand he halt deportations. However, instead of having them escorted out, Obama challenged them by saying, "...If in fact I could solve all of these problems without passing laws in Congress, then I would do so, but we're also a nation of laws. That's part of our tradition. So the easy way out is to try to yell and pretend like I can do something by violating our laws. What I'm proposing is the harder path, which is to use our democratic process to achieve the same goal that you want to achieve. But it won't be as easy as just shouting. It requires us lobbying and getting it done," thus proving that he is the hero we need, not the one we deserve.

2. Negative Emotions Are Key to Well-Being

An article in Scientific American claims that "anger and sadness are an important part of life, and new research shows that experiencing and accepting such emotions are vital to our mental health. Attempting to suppress thoughts can backfire and even diminish our sense of contentment." If this is true, Chez is somehow the most sane of all of us.

3. Animals Were Harmed

The Hollywood Reporter just released a feature story detailing how frequently untrue the "no animals were harmed in the making of this film" claim is. It's way too long though and by the end, they're really just beating a dead horse.

4. Yahoo officially welcomes Katie Couric to its team as 'global anchor'

Yahoo was unaware of the irony that hiring another anchor wouldn't stop them from sinking.