The Daily Banter Mail Bag: Chez's Replacement, the War on Christmas and the Rob Ford Movie!

In this week's edition of The Daily Banter Mail Bag, Ben and Bob are joined by new contributor Sam Doloncot to discuss the president's apology, the War on Christmas and the inevitable Rob Ford movie.
In this week's edition of The Daily Banter Mail Bag, Ben and Bob are joined by new contributor Sam Doloncot to discuss the president's apology, the War on Christmas and the inevitable Rob Ford movie.
rob_ford_rob_lowe

In this week's edition of The Daily Banter Mail Bag, Ben and Bob are joined by new Chez Pazienza replacement, Sam Doloncot to discuss the president's apology, the War on Christmas and the inevitable Rob Ford movie!

The questions:

1. How badly do you think it will hurt President Obama that he personally apologized for the problems with the Obamacare rollout?
-- Celine

Ben: I'm not sure it hurts him - it was the right thing to do and probably the best thing to do. I think it was a very serious screw up on the government's part and I'm glad they are owning up to it. I'm hoping it will blow over soon and people will start to see why the ACA is one of the best things to happen to America in a very, very long time. I get that Obamacare isn't perfect, I get they screwed up the website, but it gets more health care to more people, and that's important.

Sam: Obama should have apologized long ago for the Affordable Care Act not going far enough. I honestly think if he had fought harder for universal health care not only would he have won but it would've been such a success out of the gate that the Republicans would have no defense against it. But in this country both parties are in the pocket of the big insurance companies so it was to be expected. I'm sure though that the Right will pounce on the president for this as they do every minute of every day. Never for the correct reasons, mind you (like the pervasiveness and invasiveness of the surveillance state), but always because it's all they know how to do.

Bob: It was the adult thing to do, I suppose, but there are far more egregious misstatements in this ACA saga. As I wrote today, there ought to be a very, very long line of people waiting to apologize.

2. I see the "War on Christmas" has started at Fox News. Like Christmas displays at department stores it comes earlier and earlier every year. As godless liberals how are you going to do your part for the war effort this year?
-- Travis

Sam: Ugh. By not celebrating Christmas. I think my girlfriend, her lesbian partner and I are all going to drive up to Burlington for the annual Irreligious Winter Festival.

Bob: I honestly love Christmas, and I love even more knowing it will utterly confuse and frighten the War on Christmas alarmists.

Ben: I was thinking of protesting outside my local church and handing out copies of "God is Not Great" by Christopher Hitchens. That or infiltrating a Turkey farm and contaminating Christmas dinner for as many people as possible.

3. Who's going to play Rob Ford in the inevitable movie since Chris Farley is dead?
-- Cris

Bob: Rob Lowe in fat guy make-up. Same production team as his hilariously awful Drew Peterson movie. That would rule.

Sam: As long as a Canadian actor plays him that should be fine. I wouldn't want to see it go to an American just because Hollywood says so.

Ben: Jonah Hill. No doubt about it.

Screening Of Universal Pictures' "Get H