Ron Paul Endorses Nullification and Lots of Other Insane Things

While Rand Paul is actively defending himself against the question Is there anything you haven't plagiarized?, his doddering old man, Ron Paul, again embraced the nefarious concept of nullification -- this time with regards to the Affordable Care Act.
While Rand Paul is actively defending himself against the question Is there anything you haven't plagiarized?, his doddering old man, Ron Paul, again embraced the nefarious concept of nullification -- this time with regards to the Affordable Care Act.
ron_paul_jalopy

While Rand Paul is actively defending himself against the question Is there anything you haven't plagiarized?, his doddering old man, Ron Paul, again embraced the nefarious concept of nullification -- this time with regards to the Affordable Care Act.

"Jefferson obviously was a clear leader on the principle of nullification," the former Texas congressman said of the third president. "I've been working on the assumption that nullification is going to come. It's going to be a de facto nullification. It's ugly, but pretty soon things are going to get so bad that we're just going to ignore the feds and live our own lives in our own states."

Jefferson-shmefferson. Enough already. Not only did Ron Paul endorse the central political theory that eventually precipitated southern secession and the American Civil War, but he did so while speaking on the stump for radical tea party gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli in Virginia.

But wait. There's much more.

Here are some other crazy things Ron Paul said during his remarks.

--On the 17th Amendment, which calls for the direct popular election of U.S. senators, Paul said, "That undermined the principle importance of the states." Uh-huh. Is this even a thing? Is there a massive debate in Virginia on the 17th Amendment? Does anyone voting for Cuccinelli even know what the 17th Amendment actually says?

--Ron Paul also called for armed revolution against the government. "The Second Amendment was not there so you could shoot rabbits. Right now today, we have a great threat to our liberties internally." Yep. Nullification + guns = eerily familiar territory.

--And, yes, death panels. "The next thing they’re going to do is tell those doctors how to treat you and then whether to treat you. Let’s be very clear about what’s at stake here."

But he's opposed to drones and foreign wars, so it's okay. He's cool. As long as he's only supporting a civil war and spreading repeatedly debunked lies about the ACA, no problem.

Ugh.