NSA Uses Sex and Porn to Expose Terrorist Hypocrisy, Just Like Greenwald Does to His Opponents

You might've seen the latest Greenwald/Snowden/NSA item over at The Huffington Post. It's easily the sexiest Snowden revelation so far because, yes, it involves porn. Finally, a fun Greenwald article.
You might've seen the latest Greenwald/Snowden/NSA item over at The Huffington Post. It's easily the sexiest Snowden revelation so far because, yes, it involves porn. Finally, a fun Greenwald article.
snowden_tshirt_wikileaks

You might've seen the latest Greenwald/Snowden/NSA item over at The Huffington Post. It's easily the sexiest Snowden revelation so far because, yes, it involves porn. Finally, a fun Greenwald article.

Specifically, in a document stolen and leaked by Edward Snowden to Greenwald, and presumably a variety of other reporters, it's revealed that the National Security Agency exploited the porn-surfing habits of high-ranking terrorist leaders to expose them as hypocrites -- Islamic fundamentalists looking at up-skirt videos on YouPorn and so forth.

By the way, yes, Greenwald is temporarily publishing his ongoing Snowden leaks at Huff Post while his new website is being developed.

Anyway, no, NSA isn't looking at your personal porn habits. As Greenwald, Ryan Grim and Ryan Gallagher note, NSA has only targeted six terrorists in this operation. But the headline makes it seem as if NSA is broadly doing this to "radicalizers," which, in the short-attention-span world of the internet and social media, that word could easily be misinterpreted as political radicals or activists.

Meanwhile, Stewart Baker, an intelligence community blogger for the conservative website The Volokh Conspiracy was contacted by Ryan Grim for a comment to be included in the article. Baker, with perhaps the Quote of the Day, said, "Why wouldn’t we consider doing to Islamic extremists what Glenn Greenwald does routinely to Republicans?"

The quote wasn't used in the article. Obviously.

I hasten to note that I have no problem with exposing flagrant hypocrisy like this -- whether it's against Republicans or even some Democrats (far less often due to the obvious fact that liberals are less puritanical). Likewise, I have zero issues with using this as a tactic against terrorists. In fact, it's kind of hilarious.

In a blog post today, Baker concluded, "The incident makes me wonder what else Greenwald leaves out of his stories." Right. I've been wondering this exact same thing for a few years now.