Now Hear This: "Midnight Marauders" Turns 20

Considered by many to be Tribe's best effort, it saw the group's trademark jazz-influenced grooves reaching a place of rarefied musical bliss, and it remains one of hip-hop's true masterworks.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
Considered by many to be Tribe's best effort, it saw the group's trademark jazz-influenced grooves reaching a place of rarefied musical bliss, and it remains one of hip-hop's true masterworks.
a_tribe_called_quest

Over the weekend, A Tribe Called Quest's seminal third album, Midnight Marauders, marked 20 years since its release.

Considered by many to be Tribe's best effort, it saw the group's trademark jazz-influenced grooves reaching a place of rarefied musical bliss, and it remains one of hip-hop's true masterworks.

In so many ways, it sounds as fresh today as it did on November 9th, 1993, and it's an album that I find myself still listening to over and over again. There's never been anyone like Tribe in hip-hop, and I don't think there ever will be.

Here's Electric Relaxation.