Lee Harvey Oswald Shot & Killed President Kennedy

For a long time I was one of these people who really truly believed that there were many hidden mysteries to the JFK assassination. I watched Oliver Stone’s movie, read several books on the topic, and knew – just knew – there was “something” there.

There isn’t. I was just like many other conspiracy theorists, seeking a complex answer to an unthinkable crime.

We like to believe that some guy – just a guy – can’t just up and kill the President of the United States. Yet in every case of this happening – William McKinley, James Garfield, Abraham Lincoln, and John F. Kennedy –it was just some guy.

It’s a lot easier on the human mind to think that some configuration of Communists, Industrialists, Mobsters and Others worked alone or in concert to kill a President, but in this instance Occam’s Razor applies. The simplest answer is usually the right one.

Lee Harvey Oswald shot the President and he died. Period.

Like Us On Facebook!

More on the Banter:

  • Robert Miller

    By the way, that’s not Oswald’s chin in the photo. Oswald had a receding chin. And the shadow under his nose doesn’t match the shadow of his body in the background.

  • Robert Miller

    A month and a half before the assassination someone impersonated Lee Harvey Oswald in Mexico City at the Cuban consulate and the Soviet embassy. We know this because he was captured on tapped phone lines and by secret CIA surveillance cameras. You can actually google “fake Oswald Mexico City” and see a picture of this guy. We also know this because LBJ and J. Edgar Hoover discussed this at 10:01 a.m. the day after the assassination. It was a problem that there was an imposter. If you do the slightest amount of research on the web you can find the LBJ-Hoover conversation, just as you can find the picture of the Oswald imposter.

    Apply some logic. Someone impersonated Oswald, a nobody, a month and a half before the assassination. Whoever this guy was, his intention was to connect LHO to the Soviets and the Cubans. Who would want to connect Oswald to the Russians and the Cubans before the assassination? Who knew that Oswald was going to be the primary suspect in Kennedy’s murder? Who knew about the tapped phone lines and the CIA surveillance cameras?

    In order to be a serious blogger you have to believe that there was no conspiracy regarding President Kennedy. You have now been deigned a serious blogger. In the world of logic, if there is an Oswald imposter a month and a half before the assassination trying to connect him to the Russians you have two Oswalds. Two Oswalds equal one conspiracy.

    • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

      Tens of thousands of people would need to be involved for your outrageous “theory” to have credibility. There is zero evidence of a conspiracy, despite your repeating of long debunked “evidence.”

      • Robert Miller

        Sorry, Froth, a month and a half before the assassination someone impersonated Oswald in Mexico City in front of the Soviet embassy. There’s no theory to it, buddy. Google “fake Oswald Mexico City” and look at the picture yourself, dumbo.

  • DrunkReport.com

    Proud to say I always thought the conspiracies were ignorant and crazily low on coherent argument

  • Mickey Bitsko

    There will always be those who can’t wrap their heads around the fact that a charismatic political figure was murdered by a miserable little schmuck.

    • Robert Miller

      There will always be those who can’t wrap their heads around the fact that the government agency that spent the fifties and thereafter overthrowing governments would actually overthrow the US government, and that people like James Jesus Angleton, Allen Dulles and E. Howard Hunt were the miserable schmucks who killed the President because it requires them to face an ugly truth about the last fifty years of our country.

  • dbtheonly

    I’ve always been impressed by the depth to which the conspiracy theories have to go. The autopsy only shows two wounds? The Doctors were in on it.

    Though the new theory that a Secret Service Agent accidentally discharged his gun after Oswald’s first shot brings a level of accident & farce to a depressing scene. I don’t quite know what to make of it.

    • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

      Big difference between a pistol round and a FMJ rifle round.

  • http://www.aquariusmoon.info CarolDuhart

    I can easily see that some folks wanted Kennedy dead. But for me the consiracy falls apart when it comes to Oswald. Why would you put it all in the hands of one very unstable, broke guy (he had 13 dollars on him when arrested). I’m sure even back then, there were better guys that can be trusted to do it and off themselves for money.

    • Robert Miller

      The assassination wasn’t put in the hands of Oswald. He was the patsy. When Oswald left his boarding house that fateful morning there was a wallet with his ID left behind on his dresser. There was an Oswald wallet found at the scene of the TIppet murder. The Oswald apprehended at the movie theater had a wallet on him.

      As I mention elsewhere, there was an Oswald impersonator in Mexico City a month and a half before the assassination. That’s at least two Oswalds. Three wallets. The Oswald arrested claimed he was a patsy.

  • Oarboar

    Look at Oswald’s “escape plan:” Wander aimlessly around town, shoot a cop when confronted, then duck into a movie theatre to try and escape after that. That doesn’t exactly strike me as how a well-planned conspiracy would work.

    And even if Oswald was a “patsy,” as he claimed? Then the conspirators would want to eliminate him and put the gun in his hand, not wait until he’d spent almost 48 hours in custody with ample time to talk to police before eliminating him.

    Now, the assassination of Olof Palme? That I can believe was a conspiracy.

    • Robert Miller

      1. Oswald was eliminated. 2, How do you know the plan wasn’t to kill Oswald immediately, but he evaded his own assassination, at least for a couple of days. The conspirators did try to put the Mannlicher-Carcano in his hands, although paraffin tests proved he hadn’t fired a rifle that day. Immediately after the assassination the gun recovered was a Mauser. 24 hours later it was IDed as the Mannlicher-Carcano. Unfortunately, the Mannlicher-Carcano offered into evidence was a 40-inch model, not the 36-inch model ordered by “Alik Hidell”. And postal regulations would not allow other people’s mail to be delivered to the PO box in Oswald’s name. Any other questions?

      • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

        And the conspiracy nuts have checked in. Please read this book. /a> All your arguments are debunked within its pages.

        • Robert Miller

          You’ve got the word debunked down. But since you know nothing about the death of JFK and seem to be opposed to the idea of research, I’ll just let you remain in ignorance.

  • Zen Diesel

    I am torn on this subject, Oswald as a lone gunman theory is the most probable. However, after visiting the Repository museum, I just can’t see how he could have fired two or three shots from that window. Whenever, I see that footage I keep thinking that is one horrible way to die.

    • http://wetcasements.wordpress.com wetcasements

      To paraphrase Full Metal Jacket, Oswald was a fully trained marine marksman.

      A difficult shot? Yes. Impossible? No.

      • Zen Diesel

        I can agree on the assessment; however, there is one thing that bugs me. The fatal shot, Kennedy’s head goes backwards then slumps forward. How can such a head movement occur from a rifle shot from behind. That is the part of the assassination I can’t wrap my logic around.

        • http://sonic.net/~ckelly/Seekay/mtbwelcome.htm RepackRider

          The bullet sprayed a lot of material out the front also.

        • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

          Put a melon on a post and shoot it with a rifle. It will fall towards you, every time.

          • Robert Miller

            Put a man on a post and shoot him with a Mannlicher-Carcano. Generally, he will fall away from the shooter. People falling away from their shooters has been tested and retested millions of times.

            Not noting the difference between melons and heads is just the beginning of your problems of analysis.

  • Christopher Foxx

    When some configuration of Communists, Industrialists, Mobsters and Others wants to kill a President, they do it with a bullet. They do it with nomination blocks, lies and 47 pointless symbolic votes.

    • DrunkReport.com

      Profound

  • Vipsanius

    A lot of people do not want believe that Oswald shot JFK; for the reasons that the article lays out.

    • Robert Miller

      A lot of people don’t want to believe that the CIA killed JFK too. Generally, it is easier to get ahead in the media by not believing in conspiracies.

      • Vipsanius

        OK

        • Robert Miller

          Yes. Unity of Thought, I think Mao called it.

          • Vipsanius

            OK
            I can live with that
            no problem