John Cornyn Is Bad for America

This is where we are now. This is why this country is ungovernable and basically is broken beyond repair: because people like John Cornyn hate their political adversaries more than they love America.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
This is where we are now. This is why this country is ungovernable and basically is broken beyond repair: because people like John Cornyn hate their political adversaries more than they love America.
Screen Shot 2013-11-24 at 11.04.20 AM

I'll make this quick.

John Cornyn is a fucking idiot.

As some of you may already know by now, the ink was barely dry on last night's historic deal to curb Iran's nuclear program when Cornyn -- or whoever's tasked with being neural-linked to his aging brain and spitting out crap on his social media accounts -- tweeted the following:

Screen Shot 2013-11-24 at 10.35.55 AM

Jesus Christ.

This is where we are now. This is why this country is ungovernable and basically is broken beyond repair: because people like John Cornyn hate their political adversaries more than they love America. There's no victory for the United States that hardcore Republicans can share in if it means giving an ounce of credit to Barack Obama.

Likewise, there's no national tragedy devastating enough to silence the ragers, the partisans, the hucksters, and the conspiracy theorists in the name of rising up with one voice as Americans -- even for what amounts to a brief moment in our history. The Boston Marathon bombing proved that.

Most conservatives now can and do exist only in their own hermetically sealed bubble, preached to by their personal media organizations that tell them only what we want to hear. And the result of that is horseshit like Cornyn's, a firing off of his nonsensical ramblings aimed more at stoking the fears and hatreds of the faithful than in either reveling in an American foreign policy win or offering, at the very least, good-faith opposition.

As long as Barack Obama is in the White House, every American victory will continue to be met with suspicion and derision from assholes like John Cornyn. And every American tragedy will be seen as an opportunity to score cheap political points. And all of it will continue to be what it is right now: bad for this country.