Jeb Bush -- the 'Smart One'-- Tweets Crazy Falsehood About the U.S. Embassy at the Vatican

Jeb Bush, who is evidently The Smart Bush, tweeted the following nonsense today: "hy would our President close our Embassy to the Vatican? Hopefully, it is not retribution for Catholic organizations opposing Obamacare." This is false on every level.
Jeb Bush, who is evidently The Smart Bush, tweeted the following nonsense today: "hy would our President close our Embassy to the Vatican? Hopefully, it is not retribution for Catholic organizations opposing Obamacare." This is false on every level.
jeb_bush_george_w

You've probably heard the scuttlebutt about the U.S. allegedly "closing" its embassy at the Vatican.

It's a lie.

In fact, the State Department is merely moving the U.S. Embassy to the Holy See to a facility that includes our embassy in Italy. Once the move takes place, the embassy will actually be 0.1 miles closer to the Vatican than it was before.

The move is for cost-saving and security considerations. You'd think the Republicans would be all in favor of greater security, considering how obsessed they are with Benghazi, and you'd think these so-called fiscal conservatives would be into the cost savings.

Nope.

Meanwhile, Jeb Bush, who is evidently The Smart Bush, tweeted the following nonsense today:

Yes, the embassy closing -- which isn't actually a closing -- is all about Obamacare. Sorry, no, Mr. Bush. The Obama administration isn't so petulant that it would close an embassy (which it's not doing) because a related organization has issues with the Affordable Care Act, a piece of legislation that has nothing to do with diplomatic endeavors.

But none of this matters because, again, THE ADMINISTRATION ISN'T CLOSING THE EMBASSY AT THE VATICAN!

Sheesh, these people.