A Train Got Lost On The Way To NYC From Philly. We're Not Kidding.

An Amtrak train headed to New York from Philadelphia got lost last week. We'll repeat that: An Amtrak train headed to New York from Philadelphia got lost .
An Amtrak train headed to New York from Philadelphia got lost last week. We'll repeat that: An Amtrak train headed to New York from Philadelphia got lost .
Amtrak train

An Amtrak train headed to New York from Philadelphia got lost last week and ended up in the outer suburbs of Philly.

I’m going to say that one again so you can let it sink in.

An Amtrak train headed to New York from Philadelphia got lost.

A train. On train tracks that directly connect one station to the other. Got lost.

Now, if you’re like me, you’re wondering how that’s even possible. So in honor of Philadelphia’s favorite son, Will Smith, let me explain it to you to the tune of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme song:

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/83566537" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]

Now this is a story all about how
One train got lost and turned around
And I’d like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I’ll tell you how an Amtrak train ended up in a town called Bala Cynwyd...

In West Philadelphia, born and raised
At the train station’s where I spent most of my days
Commuting to New York, relaxing all cool
I was cat-napping and had started to drool
When the conductor realized our train was no good
But didn’t say that we’d end up in a suburban neighborhood
I figured, “no big deal,” and he sounded prepared
But when I started seeing houses and cows I got scared

[instrumental breakdown...]

He -

Got -

Lost trying to turn the damaged train around
And didn’t know that he was wrong 'til we were well into town
I looked at my watch, rolled my eyes, and I sighed
And swore to myself that next time I’d fly

Fresh-Prince-Of-Bell-Airs-Dissaproving-Stare-Reaction-Gif