Word Salad of the Day

Yesterday on Fox News Channel, the former governor of Alaska pureed every foul, spoiled veggie in her wordy ice-box into a nonsensical, incoherent smoothie. See if you can structure this mess...
Yesterday on Fox News Channel, the former governor of Alaska pureed every foul, spoiled veggie in her wordy ice-box into a nonsensical, incoherent smoothie. See if you can structure this mess...
palin_big_gulp

If nothing else, Sarah Palin is a master at blurting out random patriotic slogans and political buzzwords, then stringing them together into what, on the surface, sounds like the English language until one attempts to parse any particular meaning. We call it "word salad," and yesterday on Fox News Channel, the former governor of Alaska pureed every foul, spoiled veggie in her wordy ice-box into a nonsensical, incoherent smoothie. See if you can structure this mess:

"What emboldened our enemies and what empowered our competitors was his promise to fundamentally transform America from being a solvent, free, exceptional country into something we're not gonna recognize. Also, what has emboldened enemies is that he with doubling of our debt since he's been elected, putting us on a path towards bankruptcy, and then locking up pipelines and resources that will result in us being more reliant on foreign imports for energy, and then of course he, having left behind, his administration having left behind our brave men in Benghazi to be murdered, and then of course there's Syria, where he promised to bomb Syria because in that civil war, Syria was going to bomb Syria, and then we never heard another word again about his threat to bomb in a foreign civil war, and then of course, most recently, Megyn, he, uh, using our military, those who would fight against our enemies. Our military. Our vets. Shutting down their memorials. And holding them hostage in terms of budget deals. Uh, threatening to withhold paychecks for our brave men and women."

You might've noticed that this "Also, what has emboldened enemies is that he with doubling of our debt since he's been elected, putting us on a path towards bankruptcy, and then locking up pipelines and resources that will result in us being more reliant on foreign imports for energy, and then of course he, having left behind, his administration having left behind our brave men in Benghazi to be murdered, and then of course there's Syria, where he promised to bomb Syria because in that civil war, Syria was going to bomb Syria, and then we never heard another word again about his threat to bomb in a foreign civil war, and then of course, most recently, Megyn, he, uh, using our military, those who would fight against our enemies" was one sentence. Well, a "sentence" in that it was preceded by a period and ended with a period.

Here's the video in which Megyn Kelly tried and failed to cap Palin's geyser of stupid.