The Saddest Photograph You'll See All Day (If You're A Music Fan)

I'm old enough to remember buying CDs and cassettes inside something called "a record store." And Tower Records was easily the ultimate record store -- ruling proudly over the universe of music retailers for many, many years. Here now, via Weird Al Yankovic's Instagram, is what remains of it...
I'm old enough to remember buying CDs and cassettes inside something called "a record store." And Tower Records was easily the ultimate record store -- ruling proudly over the universe of music retailers for many, many years. Here now, via Weird Al Yankovic's Instagram, is what remains of it...
tower_records_now_280

I'm old enough to remember buying CDs and cassettes inside something called "a record store." And Tower Records was easily the ultimate record store -- ruling proudly over the universe of music retailers for many, many years.

This was the very first Tower Records in Los Angeles during the prime of its life.

Tower Records on Sunset Boulevard, Holl

Here now, via Weird Al Yankovic's Instagram, is what remains of it.

tower_records_now

It's okay. You can feel free to hug some of your compact discs today.