The Morning Banter: Sinead O'Connor Scolds Miley, Dinosaur Erotica, Shutdown Stories Untold + More

saturday_night_live10-3-1992sinead_occo

Day 3 of the Shutdown and we're prepped to bring you more coverage (plus more to get your mind off things).  If you've been furloughed how have you been spending it? Either way, here's all the news you should use to go through the rest of your day.

src.adapt.960.high.1380758322785

Sure everyone's covering the bickering over our government stalemate, but what about those that are really being hurt by this shutdown?  Here are five stories that'll make you want to pick up your phone and call your Congressman (or all of them!) and demand they get back to business immediately.  Truly heartbreaking.

Famous for ripping apart a picture of the Pope on SNL, Sinead O'Connor has some words for Miley Cyrus and they ain't pretty.  I certainly wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of her rath.

tired_worker-460x307

It's no secret that as the globe unites through the internet and technology, we're slowly killing ourselves.  Bring back the 40-hour work week and what most people used to have... a proper work/life balance.

143697286

Look at the above picture and tell me who you see.  Sure, it's Ronan Farrow but look closer.  Could it be Old Blue Eyes staring back at you?  Mia Farrow, Ronan's Mother, admits "Possibly."

<> on June 17, 2013 in Los Angeles, Cal

CEO of Panera Bread and President of the Panera Bread Foundation, Ron Shaich participated in a seven-day SNAP Challenge, living on a food and beverage budget of $4.50 a day.  He has some beautiful, inspiring and even surprising words to say about the experience.

article-2441470-18767F3B00000578-237_31

I couldn't make this up if I tried: Is the world ready for Dinosaur Erotica? God, I hope not.

2507914477_f0445c6825

Instead of being cruel like other major corporations to their part-time workers by cutting their hours, the Florida theme park Disney World has been inspired by Obamacare to offer them full-time employment so that they can get full health care coverage.

mg21929360.100-1_1200

Beware  Lake Natron in northern Tanzania, because everything that touches it's super akaline waters turn to stone.  But man, those stone figures are haunting and beautiful regardless.