The Dumbest Argument Against Obamacare Ever

We get some great insights from readers in the comments section here at the Banter, and how shall we say, some not so great insights. Then, we get comments like this:
We get some great insights from readers in the comments section here at the Banter, and how shall we say, some not so great insights. Then, we get comments like this:
idiot dunce corner small

dumb_argument_dunce

The debate over the government shutdown over Obamacare has provoked some pretty serious debate on these pages, with readers weighing in with their thoughts on the gigantic clusterfuck in Washington. We get some great insights from readers in the comments section here at the Banter, and how shall we say, some not so great insights. Then, we get comments like this:

Obamacare might get affordable healthcare to poor people, (and yes, that is a "might") but only by taking money from the rich and giving to the poor, which in turn makes the rich poor, and the poor still poor because they spent all the money on healthcare. So yeah, it may be "affordable", but it doesn't mean it is a good idea. When you look at the stats for Obamacare, the majority of businesses are hurt by it, which does little for our economy.

Of all the arguments I've seen against Obamacare, this has got to be the dumbest one I've ever seen. Let's try and break this one down: Getting affordable health care to millions of Americans so they don't go broke and spend all their money on health care won't work because the rich people who pay for it will then become poor (because the 0.9% on income earned over $250,000 and 3.8% on a portion of their capital gains will most certainly send them to the poor house) and then they'll all have to spend all their money on healthcare making the country bankrupt with no more rich people to pay for it.

If you're wonder what the hell he's talking about, don't worry. It makes LITERALLY NO SENSE AT ALL.

Sadly, this is the type of logic exists within mainstream politics in America. The venerable Michele Bachmann had the following insightful critique of Obamacare on the House floor a few months back:

 “The American people, especially vulnerable women, vulnerable children, vulnerable senior citizens, now get to pay more and get less. That’s why we’re here, because we’re saying let’s repeal this failure before it literally kills women, kills children, kills senior citizens. Let’s not do that! Let’s love people, let’s care about people. Let’s repeal it now while we can.”

Other than the fact that under Obamacare vulnerable women, children and senior citizens pay less, get more health care and literally have their lives saved, Bachmann was right on the money.

With the highly qualified minds making the decisions in Congress and directing the national debate, I'm sure this will all get sorted out soon...

Make sure to like The Daily Banter on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!