Quote of the Day: Michele Bachmann Says To Rejoice, for the End Times Are Here

It's difficult to wrap your head around the fact that Michele Bachmann is one of only 435 people in the entire country allowed to be a member of the U.S. House of Representatives and to vote on the laws that affect every one of us.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
It's difficult to wrap your head around the fact that Michele Bachmann is one of only 435 people in the entire country allowed to be a member of the U.S. House of Representatives and to vote on the laws that affect every one of us.
Screen Shot 2013-10-07 at 4.22.58 PM

Screen Shot 2013-10-07 at 4.19.43 PM

"Your listeners, U.S. taxpayers, are now paying to give arms to terrorists including Al-Qaeda. This happened and as of today the United States is willingly, knowingly, intentionally sending arms to terrorists. Now what this says to me, I’m a believer in Jesus Christ, as I look at the End Times scripture, this says to me that the leaf is on the fig tree and we are to understand the signs of the times, which is your ministry, we are to understand where we are in God’s End Times history. Rather than seeing this as a negative, we need to rejoice, Maranatha Come Lord Jesus, His day is at hand. "

-- Michele Bachmann, on the Christian radio show Understanding the Times this past Saturday

First of all, right out of the gate it won't surprise you to learn that Bachmann's claim that we're arming al Qaeda is nonsense. President Obama waived a federal restriction so that certain, vetted Syrian rebels could be provided with non-lethal assistance -- mostly protection against chemical weapons -- but, no, we're not paying to give arms to terrorists in general or al Qaeda in particular.

That should, by all accounts, be the most noteworthy thing about the above quote -- that the backbone of it is one big mammoth lie. But of course this is completely overshadowed by the apocalyptic religious insanity that follows and flows from that lie. It's difficult to wrap your head around the fact that Michele Bachmann is one of only 435 people in the entire country allowed to be a member of the U.S. House of Representatives and to vote on the laws that affect every one of us. Michele Bachmann -- a batshit crazy religious fanatic whose speaking-in-tongues ramblings are the kind of thing you usually hear from filthy guys with ratty beards standing on street corners wearing homemade sandwich boards. This person is a lawmaker.

She's not in a mental institution -- she's in Congress.

Although these days is there really a difference?