Quote of the Day: Fox News' "Dr. Manny" Needs Brains

Dr. Manny, you see, is bemoaning our current culture's "obsession" with zombies. In a piece published a few days ago over at the Fox website (motto: "How the Fuck Do You Even Know How To Use a Computer?"), the doctor says that the zombie meme which continues to bore ahead full-throttle across a wide spectrum of our entertainment is actually hurting us as a nation.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
Dr. Manny, you see, is bemoaning our current culture's "obsession" with zombies. In a piece published a few days ago over at the Fox website (motto: "How the Fuck Do You Even Know How To Use a Computer?"), the doctor says that the zombie meme which continues to bore ahead full-throttle across a wide spectrum of our entertainment is actually hurting us as a nation.
Screen Shot 2013-10-22 at 6.23.51 PM

how-to-be-on-the-walking-dead

"As a doctor and scientist, I know one thing for sure: When you’re dead, you’re dead."

-- Dr. Manny Alvarez, Fox News contributor

I'm so tempted to post this without comment because it really kind of speaks for itself, but I guess what little journalistic integrity I have left compels me to add the necessary context.

Dr. Manny, you see, is bemoaning our current culture's "obsession" with zombies. In a piece published a few days ago over at the Fox website (motto: "How the Fuck Do You Even Know How To Use a Computer?"), the doctor says that the zombie meme which continues to bore ahead full-throttle across a wide spectrum of our entertainment is actually hurting us as a nation.

Hate me all you want, or call me paranoid and misinformed, but there is one common theme that is pervasive in American pop culture today: violence. Even more specifically, zombie violence. The idea of a zombie-infested world inspires fantasies of monsters possessed by an uncontrollable rage to kill, and viewers get a thrill imagining what it would be like to participate in this new world order... With this country heading towards a socialized system of government, in which officials don’t want you to think or focus on what is important for your own personal growth, I’m sure they’re more than happy to let you obsess over something as stupid as zombies.

A Fox News contributor complains about mindless "monsters possessed by an uncontrollable rage." And entertainment that features them and the entire culture of zombies. And how it's in-turn creating its own kind of zombies. And how the whole thing is ruining the country.

It's such a Möbius strip of pure meta-irony that it practically reaches some Zen-like state.