Quote of the Day: F**k Yeah, George Clooney

I barely need to add anything to this, but I like that he goes on to state the obvious in even more direct terms, saying that if the Republicans are angry that a law they don't like got passed they don't get to shut down the government in protest.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
I barely need to add anything to this, but I like that he goes on to state the obvious in even more direct terms, saying that if the Republicans are angry that a law they don't like got passed they don't get to shut down the government in protest.
george_clooney_01

"People keep talking about how this has to be a great negotiation, but there isn't any negotiating a law. We negotiate on all these other topics, but this was put into law, and (Obama) was reelected on it. It was reaffirmed, it was passed through the Supreme Court -- it's a law. You don't like it? Win an election."

-- George Clooney

I barely need to add anything to this, but I like that he goes on to state the obvious in even more direct terms, saying that if the Republicans are angry that a law they don't like got passed they don't get to shut down the government in protest.

I love Clooney because in addition to the fact that he's a terrific actor and director and he gets more hot ass than a sorority house toilet seat, when it comes to politics he knows exactly when to speak up and when to stay out of it because his presence is intrusive and distracting. I think that's why, when he fires off comments like this one, they're so incisive. They don't feel like they're coming from some pious limousine liberal, regardless of the fact that Clooney is, in fact, left of center politically and he's ridden in more limos than I'd be able to if I lived to be a thousand.

Despite his stature as a movie star -- perhaps this generation's biggest movie star -- he somehow manages to come off like any other semi-intelligent American who's pissed off watching the mental patients take over the asylum. Like he'd be up for grabbing a drink with any one of us. Or even just me. Let's hang sometime, George. Please?