Peter King on the GOP: "This Party is Going Nuts"

Peter King, the Republican who once accused President Obama of going on an 'apology tour' of the Middle East and has argued for increased surveillance of Muslims in the U.S ripped into his party over the debt ceiling negotiations saying, "This party is going nuts".
Peter King, the Republican who once accused President Obama of going on an 'apology tour' of the Middle East and has argued for increased surveillance of Muslims in the U.S ripped into his party over the debt ceiling negotiations saying, "This party is going nuts".
king/napolitano

"This party is going nuts. So many people I run into who are normal people -- and I hate to use that term -- they just can't understand what's going on."

- Rep. Pete King (R-N.Y.) on the Republican Party.

Peter King, the Republican who once accused President Obama of going on an 'apology tour' of the Middle East and has argued for increased surveillance of Muslims in the U.S, has had it with his party over the negotiations of the debt ceiling. Speaking to the Huffington Post, King expressed extreme frustration with the GOP, slamming their nihilistic tactics that he believes will reap little reward.

"Even if this bill passed tonight, what would it have done?" King continued. "After shutting down the government for two and a half weeks, laying off 800,000 people, all the damage we caused, all we would end up doing was taking away health insurance from congressional employees. That's it? That's what you go to war for? That's what we shut down the United States government for?"

With no end in sight to the gridlock on Washington, apparently, it is.