Lindsey Graham: It's the Democrats' Fault for Letting Us F**k the Country

There have been so many unbelievable comments to come from the Republicans and the Tea Party types during this whole ridiculous debt ceiling hostage situation. But I think Lindsey Graham may now be ready to step up and definitively take the award for the most jaw-dropping and infuriating.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
There have been so many unbelievable comments to come from the Republicans and the Tea Party types during this whole ridiculous debt ceiling hostage situation. But I think Lindsey Graham may now be ready to step up and definitively take the award for the most jaw-dropping and infuriating.
Screen Shot 2013-10-15 at 10.35.42 PM

lindsey-graham-scsen

There have been so many unbelievable comments to come from the Republicans and the Tea Party types during this whole ridiculous debt ceiling hostage situation. But I think Lindsey Graham may now be ready to step up and definitively take the award for the most jaw-dropping and infuriating.

From Talking Points Memo:

"We won't be the last political party to overplay our hand. It might happen one day on the Democratic side. And if it did, would Republicans, for the good of the country, kinda give a little? We really did go too far. We screwed up. But their response is making things worse, not better."

Translation, for those who don't speak dick: "Yeah, we completely screwed the country and potentially the world by ceding authority within our party to a bunch of nihilistic lunatics, but you should've known you were dealing with a bunch of nihilistic lunatics and given us a break. It's your job to react properly to our irresponsible recklessness, not our job to not be irresponsible and reckless. Someday you may be the ones putting the entire economic future of the United States and the world in jeopardy -- that is if you're fucking stupid enough to let Ted Cruz, Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh and the rage-filled yokels who worship them take over your party -- and when that happens we'll of course be understanding for the good of the country rather than laughing out loud while we piss on your political graves."

There you have it. Like so much about the conservative philosophy these days, it all comes back to blaming the victim.

I swear to God, in less tolerant (but I'm beginning to think more civilized) times there would've been guillotines out on the Capitol steps when all this was over.