I Am Serious, and Don't Call Me Surly

I can't say that I've ever been the subject of an open letter, but a reader was kind enough to not only school me on history in the hope of making the point that maybe all is not lost for America, but to then send me a link to his work. I'm the first to admit that it's really unfortunate that I've been feeling this way lately about our politics and our culture, but maybe it's true that I'm only able to see it all through the prism of my own experience or through the events of my lifetime. Either way, the lesson is appreciated.The Gloomy Historian: An Open Letter To Mr. Pazienza/10.8.13By the way, am I really finally at that place where I need to be referred to as "Mr. Pazienza?" Jesus.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
[...]

/muppets.jpg