Grandpa Disowns Daughter For Disowning Gay Son

In response to his daughter disowning her son for being gay, an anonymous Grandfather disowned his daughter in a hand written letter for being "hurtful, narrow-minded and backward".
In response to his daughter disowning her son for being gay, an anonymous Grandfather disowned his daughter in a hand written letter for being "hurtful, narrow-minded and backward".
gay letter 2

In response to his daughter disowning her son for being gay, an anonymous Grandfather disowned his daughter in a hand written letter for being "hurtful, narrow-minded and backward". While the whole debacle is kind of sad, the letter, published on the Facebook page of the pro gay clothing company FCKH8, proves that there are people willing to stand up to hate, even if it's within their own family.

Hats off to Grandpa.

Here's the text of the letter:

Dear Christine,

I'm disappointed in you as a daughter. You're correct that we have a "shame in the family", but mistaken about what it is.

Kicking Chad out of your home simply because he told you he was gay is the real "abomination" here. A parent disowing her child is what goes "against nature".

The only intelligent thing I heard you saying in all this was that "you didn't raise your son to be gay". Of course you didn't. He was born this way and didn't choose it any more than he being left-handed. You however, have made a choice of being hurtful, narrow-minded and backward. So, while we are in the business of [disowning] our children, I think I'll take this moment to say goodbye to you. I now have a fabulous (as the gay put it) grandson to raise, and I don't have time for heartless B-word of a daughter.

[If] you find your heart, give us a call.

-Dad

And the screen shot of the letter on Facebook:

gay letter

Make sure to like The Daily Banter on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!