Discussion Thread: Should The Washington Redskins Change Their Name?

Native American groups opposed to the name of the capital's football team have recently been shown support by Barack Obama, who told the Associated Press that "I’d think about changing it.” What do you think? Is the Washington Redskins name offensive?
Native American groups opposed to the name of the capital's football team have recently been shown support by Barack Obama, who told the Associated Press that "I’d think about changing it.” What do you think? Is the Washington Redskins name offensive?
Redskins

Redskins Eagles Football

Native American groups opposed to the name of the capital's football team have recently been shown support by Barack Obama, who told the Associated Press, “If I were the owner of the team and I knew that the name of my team, even if they’ve had a storied history, was offending a sizeable group of people, I’d think about changing it.”

The Washington Redskins face mounting pressure to change their name despite the team's owner, Dan Snyder, being vehemently opposed.

"We will never change the name of the team," Snyder told USA Sports. "As a lifelong Redskins fan, and I think that the Redskins fans understand the great tradition and what it's all about and what it means, so we feel pretty fortunate to be just working on next season."

"We'll never change the name," he continued. "It's that simple. NEVER - you can use caps."

What do you think? Is the Red Skins' name offensive? Get bantering below!!!