14 BuzzFeed Headlines For The 20th Century That Will Blow Your Mind!

How would Buzzfeed have written the headline for the holocaust? Check out this hilarious list of link baiting headlines written for major 20th century events before anyone had ever heard of facebook or twitter.
How would Buzzfeed have written the headline for the holocaust? Check out this hilarious list of link baiting headlines written for major 20th century events before anyone had ever heard of facebook or twitter.
Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 10.53.45 AM

Xkcd.com has a great little comic strip on 20th century headlines written in order to more clicks on the internet. (Please note the headline for this piece is sarcastic - don't leave comments below like "You guys do it too!" Well, ok, we sort of do it sometimes, but not this blatantly):

/headlines.png

I'm not sure how long these headlines that we see over and over and over again from sites like Buzzfeed can go on for given the shock value has to wear off at some point. But then again, people love lists and finding out weird facts online, and Buzzfeed now has around 85 million readers world wide, so what the hell do I know? And if this piece gets a ton of hits due to the headline, I'll be proved wrong completely...