The Morning Banter: Sterilizing the Disabled, Taibbi on Lehman, Queer Eye Returns

It's Friday, so sit back, relax, and read this stuff while pretending to work. Then bail early and go play Grand Theft Auto V. It's what I'm gonna do.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
It's Friday, so sit back, relax, and read this stuff while pretending to work. Then bail early and go play Grand Theft Auto V. It's what I'm gonna do.
Screen Shot 2013-09-19 at 10.20.03 PM

queer eye

It's Friday, so sit back, relax, and read this stuff while pretending to work. Then bail early and go play Grand Theft Auto V. It's what I'm gonna do.

1. The NeverEnding Story

If the prospect of another game of ridiculous GOP brinksmanship and subsequent government shutdown isn't enough to make you want to hit yourself in the head with a phone book over and over again, this should do the trick. Forgotten about Benghazi? Congratulations, you're one of the millions of sane people in America. The same, of course, can't be said for the Republicans in Congress.

NPR: As Government Shutdown Looms, Benghazi Hearings Resume/9.19.13

2. Happy Anniversary

Matt Taibbi managed to explain in great, blistering detail exactly how a handful of Wall Street titans fucked the global economy in his Rolling Stone articles and his brilliant 2010 book, Griftopia. So what better way to celebrate the fifth anniversary of the collapse of Lehman Brothers -- the first domino to fall on all of us -- than with Taibbi sounding off.

Rolling Stone: Matt Taibbi Talks Lehman Anniversary/9.19.13

3. Pro(create) and Con

This one's going to open a hellacious can of worms. May as well get in on the ground floor of it.

The Atlantic: Sterilizing a Child, for a Better Life/9.19.13

4. Queer Aye

Man, I was a huge fan of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy during the brief period it dominated pop culture. Thus, I'm very happy about this.

Vulture: Queer Eye Reunion Coming In October/9.19.13

Have a good weekend, folks.