The "Mc Everything" May Represent The End of Human Civilization

When aliens are poring over the remnants of human civilization in the probable not-too-distant future, Nick from Dude Foods will probably be heralded as the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.
When aliens are poring over the remnants of human civilization in the probable not-too-distant future, Nick from Dude Foods will probably be heralded as the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.
Screen Shot 2013-09-19 at 1.08.51 PM
mcdonalds

Nick from 'Dude Foods' creates the ultimate Mc D's sandwich

I have a bucket list, but instead of things like sky diving, swimming with sharks or other death defying feats of adventure that you’d find on most typical bucket lists mine is completely food related. The number one thing on my list for two or three years now has been to make this sandwich, which I’ve dubbed the McEverything.

- Nick from Dude Foods

When aliens are poring over the remnants of human civilization in the probable not-too-distant future, Nick from Dude Foods may well be heralded as the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Nick recently hit the headlines for creating the 'McEverything' - a horrifying combination of literally everything on the menu at McDonalds. "When it comes to food $141.33 can get you a lot," wrote Nick about his dalliance with heart disease and morbid obesity. "In fact, it’s more than enough for a pretty decent meal for two at a really nice restaurant. Or you can do what I did recently and spend that exact same amount buying one of every single sandwich — breakfast sandwiches included — that McDonald’s offers"

After inventing agriculture, wheels, and the steam engine, civilization it seems, might be running out of ideas. Combining an ungodly mixture of animal fat, sodium, dairy, and processed meat might get you clicks on the internet, but it's not doing much to help mankind's more pressing needs. Not to bang on about it, but we're sort of faced with an increasingly dangerous economic system that could collapse at any moment, rapidly expanding populations in food scarce regions of the world, and facing an almost certain ecological disaster with rapidly rising temperatures.

As a species, we can go one of two ways. Nick from 'Dude Foods' is showing us one of them, and it probably won't end very well.