Russell Brand On Getting Kicked Out Of GQ Party: "Amazing How Absurd it Seems When You Look Back"

Comic genius and rabble rouser Russell Brand got himself thrown out of the GQ awards after party for bringing up sponsor Hugo Boss's ties to the Nazi Party. A couple of weeks removed from the debacle, Brand has some newfound perspective on the controversy. And no, he's not sorry.
Comic genius and rabble rouser Russell Brand got himself thrown out of the GQ awards after party for bringing up sponsor Hugo Boss's ties to the Nazi Party. A couple of weeks removed from the debacle, Brand has some newfound perspective on the controversy. And no, he's not sorry.
Russell Brand

russell brand

Comic genius and rabble rouser Russell Brand got himself thrown out of the GQ awards after party for bringing up  sponsor Hugo Boss's ties to the Nazi Party. A couple of weeks removed from the debacle, Brand has some newfound perspective on the controversy. And no, he's not sorry. From the Guardian:

If you can't criticise Hugo Boss at the GQ awards because they own the event, do you think it is significant that energy companies donate to the Tory party? Will that affect government policy? Will the relationships that "politician of the year" Boris Johnson has with City bankers – he took many more meetings with them than public servants in his first term as mayor – influence the way he runs our capital?

Is it any wonder that Amazon, Vodafone and Starbucks avoid paying tax when they enjoy such cosy relationships with members of our government?

Ought we be concerned that our rights to protest are being continually eroded under the guise of enhancing our safety? Is there a relationship between proposed fracking in the UK, new laws that prohibit protest and the relationships between energy companies and our government?

I don't know. I do have some good principles picked up that night that are generally applicable: the glamour and the glitz isn't real, the party isn't real, you have a much better time mucking around trying to make your mates laugh. I suppose that's obvious. We all know it, we already know all the important stuff, like: don't trust politicians, don't trust big business and don't trust the media. Trust your own heart and each other. When you take a breath and look away from the spectacle it's amazing how absurd it seems when you look back.