Listening Post: Chvrches

Today, Chvrches' debut full-length album hits the digital shelves here in the states. It contains Lies as well as the band's second single, The Mother We Share -- and this song.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
Today, Chvrches' debut full-length album hits the digital shelves here in the states. It contains Lies as well as the band's second single, The Mother We Share -- and this song.
Screen Shot 2013-09-24 at 8.47.35 AM

chvrches-churches-lauren

Late last year in the regular year-end wrap-up over at my site I called Lies, from the Scottish synth-pop trio Chvrches, one of the best singles of 2012. It's not only that but one of the best debut singles from any band in the past several years, the kind of thing that grabbed you right out of the gate and left you scrambling to find more from the band.

Well, today, Chvrches' debut full-length album hits the digital shelves here in the states. It contains Lies as well as the band's second single, The Mother We Share. I'd definitely recommend going back and listening to Lies if you haven't heard it yet, because it really is a spectacular song.

But here's the brand new single from Chvrches. This is Gun.