Do Conservative Economic Policies Kill People?

Do conservative economic policies kill people? Ben Cohen went on the Big Picture with Thom Hartmann and Dutch Martin to discuss.
Do conservative economic policies kill people? Ben Cohen went on the Big Picture with Thom Hartmann and Dutch Martin to discuss.
Screen Shot 2013-09-23 at 10.45.00 AM

Screen Shot 2013-09-23 at 10.42.18 AM

I went on Thom Hartmann's show last Friday to debate the Republicans' votes to cut food stamps and defund Obamacare, and controversially, whether historically more people have committed suicide under conservative or liberal economic policies. I went at it with conservative commentator Dutch Martin - an ardent Republican who believes Obamacare is a catastrophic piece of legislation and thinks liberal economic policies have ruined America.  Needless to say, there was much we disagreed on: