Dennis Rodman Goes Back to North Korea For Bro Vacation With Kim Jong un

Basketball's bad boy Dennis Rodman is apparently going back to North Korea to hang out with his buddy and all round great guy Kim Jong un.
Basketball's bad boy Dennis Rodman is apparently going back to North Korea to hang out with his buddy and all round great guy Kim Jong un.
Screen Shot 2013-09-03 at 2.48.18 PM

shutterstock_96216959

Basketball's bad boy Dennis Rodman is apparently going back to North Korea to hang out with his buddy and all round murdering psychopath great guy Kim Jong un. Having visited the Hermit Kingdom several months ago as part of a Vice documentary, Rodman wants to go back to "show people around the world that we as Americans can actually get along with North Korea... I just want to meet my friend Kim, the marshal, and start a basketball league over there or something like that."

While Rodman's relationship with North Korea was basically one giant Hipster PR stunt for Vice, we shouldn't be too hard on the cross dressing sports icon. After reading about the imprisonment of American citizen Kenneth Bae, Rodman tweeted out:

Screen Shot 2013-09-03 at 1.58.09 PM

It's unlikely Rodman will have a huge amount of sway with the North Korean despot (and he's reportedly not going for political reasons), but any friendly dialogue with the isolated nation is better than no dialogue. Bae's health is apparently deteriorating and time is of the essence. Given no one has much luck getting the Communist country to agree to anything, why not hand over the reigns to a transvestite ex-athlete? Sure it's a bit of a Hail Mary, but then North Korea is a crazy country and it might just work.