Call of Duty: This Is the Way Our World Ends

Up until now we've known scant few details about that story, the single-player campaign, but a new trailer illuminates things quite a bit. There's a battle in space. A U.S. satellite called "Odin" is hijacked and bombards the United States with kinetic missiles that devastate much of the country, allowing for an invasion. All in all, it's just freaking bad-ass.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
Up until now we've known scant few details about that story, the single-player campaign, but a new trailer illuminates things quite a bit. There's a battle in space. A U.S. satellite called "Odin" is hijacked and bombards the United States with kinetic missiles that devastate much of the country, allowing for an invasion. All in all, it's just freaking bad-ass.
Screen Shot 2013-09-10 at 7.19.01 PM

call-of-duty-ghosts3

I'm well into stocking up on canned goods, Crystal Light, toilet paper, double-A batteries, and any other necessity I can think of that might force me to have to leave the house. That's because beginning next Tuesday I'll be cocooned inside my apartment playing Grand Theft Auto V and I don't expect to feel real-life sunshine on my face for a very long time. History will be repeating itself: Five years ago, I spent hour after hour, day after day, tearing up the streets of the fictional New York of Liberty City, while outside my window the real New York City went about its business; this time I'll be completely immersed in my fake life inside the fake L.A. of Los Santos while outside my doors the real L.A. will continue on undisturbed by me.

But I supposed that at some point I'll have to put down the controller. And that will be when I have to pick it right back up again on November 5th to begin my obsession with Call of Duty: Ghosts.

With a story by Stephen Gaghan, who wrote the screenplay for Traffic and wrote and directed Syriana, the latest in the Call of Duty franchise is on track to beat even the long-awaited GTA V for the title of most-pre-ordered game of 2013. Up until now we've known scant few details about that story, the single-player campaign, but a new trailer illuminates things quite a bit. There's a battle in space. A U.S. satellite called "Odin" is hijacked and bombards the United States with kinetic missiles that devastate much of the country, allowing for an invasion. It looks as if David "Section" Mason returns after the near global cataclysm unleashed in Black Ops 2.

All in all, it's just freaking bad-ass.

Behold.