Australian Prime Minister Provides Blue Print For Homophobic Religious Arguments

American politicians listen up: if you want to know how to deal with specious homophobic religious arguments, look to your Australian cousins for some advice.
American politicians listen up: if you want to know how to deal with specious homophobic religious arguments, look to your Australian cousins for some advice.
Screen Shot 2013-09-05 at 1.01.45 PM
Screen Shot 2013-09-05 at 1.00.19 PM

Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd slams fundamentalist

American politicians listen up: if you want to know how to deal with specious homophobic religious arguments, look to your Australian cousins for some advice. During a recent Q & A session on ABC News, Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd was asked by Pastor Matt Prater how he could 'call himself a Christian' and be a supporter of gay marriage.

Very calmly, Rudd took Prater apart piece by piece on live television, providing the blue print on how to stop annoying religious people injecting personal prejudice into the gay marriage issue.

Responding directly to Prater's assertion that "I just believe in what the bible says" Rudd shot back: "If I was going to have that view, the Bible also says that slavery is a natural condition, because St Paul said in the New Testament, 'slaves be obedient to your masters' and therefore we should have all fought for the confederacy in the US civil war".

Case closed.