Andrew Sullivan On Government Shutdown: Republicans Engaging in "Form of Revolt" Against Country

Andrew Sullivan tears into Republicans over their war on Obamacare - a fight that is threatening to shut the country down
Andrew Sullivan tears into Republicans over their war on Obamacare - a fight that is threatening to shut the country down
Andrew Sullivan resized

andrew_sullivan

Andrew Sullivan tears into Republicans over their war on Obamacare - a war that is threatening to shut the country down:

The thing that staggers me about the Republican hatred of this law is its abstract quality. They never address the real problem of our massively inefficient private healthcare market, which is a huge burden on the economy. They never address how to help the millions of uninsured adults get the care all human beings need. They appear to regard a Heritage Foundation, free-market-designed, private healthcare exchange system as some kind of communist plot. They do not seem to believe there is any pressing problem at all. And they have nothing constructive to offer.

This is not about Obamacare. It is not even about politics. It is about a form of revolt against the very country they live in.