Alex Jones Insists the Kenyan Terrorist Attack Was Orchestrated by President Obama

alex_jones_googly_eyes

Over the weekend, members of the al-Qaeda terrorist cell known as Harakat al-Shabaab al-Mujahideen stormed into the Westgate shopping mall in Nairobi, Kenya and murdered at least 68 men, women and children in cold blood. The cell, more commonly known as al-Shabaab or the “Youth,” claim to have conducted the attack in retaliation against Kenya for its military presence in neighboring Somalia, while also attempting to provoke a violent response from Kenya against ethnic Somalis.

It’s just the kind of horrifyingly tragic event that’s totally ripe to be trivialized by another Alex Jones “false flag” conspiracy theory. But this time, instead of just off-handedly labeling it a false flag to distract from another previous false flag, Jones, on his Monday broadcast, went into breathless detail about how it all went down with President Obama pulling the strings.

Of course.

Because Obama is Kenyan.

Get it?

Leading up to the discussion about the Westgate terrorist attack, Jones ranted, seemingly at random and incongruously linking each topic sentence-to-sentence, about the following: torture; NSA and CIA spying on him personally; Prince Bandar gave chemical weapons to al-Qaeda rebels in Syria; Dan Bidondi uncovered a massive conspiracy while attending three Navy Yard press conferences; terrorists might try to kill Jones; we need to pray for InfoWars because it’s “dead center in the middle of world events”; Saudis stealing your cameras; the government wants to take our guns; the “out of control” security services in America are “threatening members of the press”; and Ron Paul referring to the Syrian chemical weapons attack as a false flag (he really did). All of this within the span of about 24 minutes. In the midst of this syllabus of madness, Jones said, “We get what’s going on.” The psychosis of the conspiracy theorist: only they know the truth about how the world works.

So it goes with the attack in Nairobi.

The centerpiece of his freshly minted al-Shabaab conspiracy theory? The U.S. government runs al-Qaeda. Not maybe. It absolutely does run al-Qaeda. He knows this because it was printed using actual English words on pieces of paper scattered on his radio console. The very fact that his conspiracy theories are printed on paper makes them real, you see, real enough for him to wave them around on his show while rattling off various Texas-twanged, strep-throated word salads featuring every imaginable paranoiac shibboleth.

For more details on the theory, Jones wheeled out Jerome Corsi, the notorious World Net Daily writer, Birther, Swift Boat author and moon-landing Truther whose forthcoming book ghoulishly capitalizes on the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President Kennedy.

Right off the top, Corsi, who comports himself as an expert on east Africa, described Somalia as “the warlord, kind of, unlawful, unruled country that we invaded when the Black Hawk Down during the Clinton.” I’m not making that up. That’s exactly what Corsi said, transcribed verbatim.

Corsi said that Somali terrorists have been pouring into Kenya “since Obama took office” and connected Obama with Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga who, Jones interjected, was instructed by Obama “how to stage riots so they’d give him a prime ministership.” Jones continued by shouting, “This is basically Obama behind jihadis connected to this attack. This is — this is unbelievable!” Yes, it is “unbelievable.” Because none of it is true. Corsi went on to describe anti-Kikuyu riots in 2007, which were prompted by the Muslim-supported Odinga who was apparently acting on behalf of the Luo, “which is Obama’s tribe.”

Are you following this? Obama supported his buddy Odinga who, Corsi said, is the Muslim-backed candidate, which then allowed extremists to flood into Kenya from Somalia, and eventually precipitated al-Shabaab’s attack at the Westgate shopping mall on Saturday. The conversation shifted into accusations against the president’s half-brother, Malik, who Corsi and Jones charged was running money in Egypt for the Muslim Brotherhood. Then Corsi shifted back to Obama and Odinga, who “invited” al-Shabaab into Kenya where the terrorist cell murdered 68 people in cold blood. Jones said Obama is “lowering the draw bridge” for al-Qaeda to enter Egypt, Syria, Kenya, Libya, central Asia and “everywhere.”

“This is high treason, what do we do?” Jones asked.

Corsi and Jones went on and on about Kuwait, WMD, false flags — I was hoping they’d toss in chemtrails, cyclotronic warfare and estrogen-laced juice boxes, but not this time, although I didn’t stick around for hour two, so, you know.

Oh, and the entire Obama-Odinga connection is entirely false, according to Snopes.com way back in 2008. Like the rise of the Birthers, the Odinga hoax began with a bogus viral email during the 2008 presidential election which, among other things, referred to the president by his “real name,” Barack Hussein Muhammed Obama, and that Odinga and Obama are not only cousins but they speak on the phone every day. None of this is true and both Corsi and Jones continue to peddle this lie to their followers more than five years after it was debunked.

Worse than anything else, Jones added that they’re each in danger of being killed because they’re aware of this deep, dark secret plot to install al-Qaeda governments and shari’a law throughout the globe. So never mind the fact that 68 people were murdered while shopping in Nairobi on Saturday, this is all about a make-believe assassination plot against Jones and Corsi because of their obvious tall-tales.

Sure, it’s both fun and funny to treat these buffoons like, you know, buffoons, and I enjoy doing it, but it’s important to remind ourselves that underneath the cartoonishly unhinged rants, they’re really despicable, hateful, racist sociopaths who market in fear and paranoia while turning serious events and the deaths of innocent civilians into their own personal clown show. Again and again and again.

Like Us On Facebook!

More on the Banter:

'Redefining Beauty' Is a Great Idea Until You Actually Think About What It Means

'Redefining Beauty' Is a Great Idea Until You Actually Think About What It Means

  • JustTheFactsMa’am

    I wonder if he has permission to use the Star Wars theme song…? (that’s about as far as I could get.)

  • Morey Hamstercram

    Alex Jones is the Rush Limbaugh for crazy people.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Is this surprising? Jones has declared every terrorist attack since Oklahoma City to be “false flag operation.” It’s just what he does. Might as well act surprised when your dog licks his genitals. Jones’ entire schtick is to constantly declare that only he knows that truth and that “they” are constantly trying to get him and that “they” will stop at nothing to keep him quiet.

    It’s been a very lucrative angle for him, if nothing else. Turning his delusions into daily radio rants has paid off handsomely for him. That literally nothing he predicts ever comes true doesn’t seem to get in the way of his fans tuning in week after week to hear the next line of bullshit he’s selling.

    Corsi is the same way. The fact that he hasn’t be laughed off the national stage after his “Where’s the Birth Certificate?” novel proved to be a joke tells you that there’s an audience out there who will believe anything so long as it is negative.

    Oh BTW, did you know that Larry Klayman’s “Citizen Judge” has found Obama guilty of fraud and sentenced him to ten years in prison? Yeah, they’re going to serve the warrant pretty soon. Birthers are completely immune to reality.

  • muselet

    And just to add to his CV, Jerome Corsi will co-write Tom DeLay’s proposed new book.

    –alopecia

  • Richard_thunderbay

    These modern right-wing conspiracy theorists are making me think of this…

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Protocols_of_the_Elders_of_Zion

    The Protocols of the Elders of Zion or The Protocols of the Meetings of the Learned Elders of Zion is an antisemitic hoax purporting to describe a Jewish plan for global domination. It was first published in Russia in 1903, translated into multiple languages, and disseminated internationally in the early part of the 20th century. Henry Ford funded printing of 500,000 copies that were distributed throughout the US in the 1920s.

    Adolf Hitler and the Nazis publicized the text as if it were a valid document, although it had already been exposed as fraudulent. After the Nazi Party came to power in 1933, it ordered the text to be studied in German classrooms. The historian Norman Cohn suggested that Hitler used the Protocols as his primary justification for initiating the Holocaust—his “warrant for genocide”.[1]

    The Protocols purports to document the minutes of a late 19th-century meeting of Jewish leaders discussing their goal of global Jewish hegemony by subverting the morals of Gentiles, and by controlling the press and the world’s economies. It is still widely available today and even now sometimes presented as a genuine
    document, whether on the Internet or in print in numerous languages.

    • Chris Carr

      The Protocols were a fake created by the Russian Secret police (the Okhrana). The Protocols were designed to cause public outrage against the Jews in Russia and take the heat of the Tsarist government who were growing unpopular with the people. The Protocols are a forgery of a French play called ‘The Dialogues in Hell’ by Maurice Jolly. Will Eisner wrote a great graphic novel about the legacy of the Protocols called ‘The Plot’ http://www.willeisner.com/library/plot.html
      Funnily enough David Icke is in court in Canada and he was asked if he believed in The Protocols and he said for him and his research ‘the jury is still out’. What a moron!

      • Schneibster

        Several new facts about the Protocols I didn’t know before. Thanks, guys! +1 each.

      • Scopedog

        Good call on mentioning Eisner’s “The Plot”–a fantastic graphic novel (and his last, sadly). Hard to believe that people _still_ put out the bullshit that the Protocols are/were real, but like a cockroach, it refuses to die.

  • PostSurgeOperative

    TRUE FLAG!!!

  • The Panic Man

    Ghoul says something ghoulish, gets press for it. Dog bites man.

  • feloniousgrammar

    This is the kind of hate radio that was behind the Rwanda genocide. I have to wonder what percentage of Jones’ audience is illiterate.

    • Gunnut2600

      Whoa…there needs to be a LOT of perspective here. The Rwanda genocide was fed by the historical better treatment that Tutsi’s received over the Hutu, by the British colonial government. When the killings were happening, it was not fringe nutbags that people laugh at that encouraged the killing…it was local and regional leaders, including members of the Catholic church and major media personalities encouraging the slaughter of both Tutsi’s but also moderate Hutus. .

      I think Americans tend to forget how fucking insane it was. In a two month period, more people were killed with machetes in Rwanda than killed by the atomic bombings. There were victims who paid to be shot rather than hacked to bits.

      Jones doesn’t have that kind of pull…even among the conspiracy crowd (half of them seem to think he is an agent provocateur for Israel and the FBI.

      • feloniousgrammar
        • Gunnut2600

          This is an interesting conversation to expand upon. Are you saying that the role of Belgium and the history of colonialism played no role in the killings or were they overstated by western media?

          I fail to see exactly what I posted (other than my brain fart about it being England and not Belgian as colonial rulers) that is directly contradicted by your sources.

          • feloniousgrammar

            You are denying the force of propaganda and hate speech in the Rwanda Genocide. It wasn’t a spontaneous event any more than Hitler rounding up the Jews was spontaneous. Goebbels would be proud of the effects of radio propaganda in both cases.

            The Bush administration also attributed the “ancient tribal conflict” non-sense to describe the conflict in occupied Iraq. In Rwanda and Iraq, the conflicts were very much brought on by events in the modern world that had a profound and intentionally divisive impact on the peoples involved. It’s funny how “ancient” appears to be so much more motivating to so many than colonialism, isn’t it?

            The U.S. is an outlier and rather radical in its protection of free speech to the degree that hate speech is tolerated and defended. I do think we go too far in that regard. I don’t think this lying and manipulating should be tolerated. Stochastic terrorism is real and there are plenty of murders ans attempted murders in this country that have been inspired by right wing propaganda.

          • Schneibster

            I’m going to go into a side issue; I believe the intent of a free press was to ensure that when politicians lied they’d be called out, and I’d point to Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia as what happens when they’re suppressed.

            I also think most of the press (present company excepted- that’s why I hang out here) is failing miserably at pointing out lies because they’re lazy, and because the Republicans managed to convince the stupids not to listen (“librul media.”)

          • Gunnut2600

            I’ve worked in China…their great firewall is pretty strict.

          • Schneibster

            It’s not clear how much suppression there is of criticism of Bo. After all, they did just convict him and sentence him to life.

          • Gunnut2600

            I’m arguing the exact opposite.

            Propaganda from a fringe radio host who broadcast from his compound is nowhere close to what occurred in Rwanda or in Germany. And I NEVER said that the event was spontaneous. The fact that I mentioned that in two months more people died by hand tools than the atomic bombings show just how much structural organization went into it.

            Catholic Nuns and Priests were charged and sent to prison for encouraging the violence. You don’t think religious leaders have more sway than fucking Alex Jones?

            I suspect this is poor communication on my part and I apologize.

          • ANI N DA UK

            Catholic Nuns and Priest were framed for encouraging the violence

        • feloniousgrammar

          Sure I’m replying to my own comment and speaking off topic, but I I was watching Bones last night and found part of the story line to be another example of Western bigotry disguised as anthropology. You see, the evil businessman had slaughtered a village in South America because the people from that village would not let him work on “sacred ground.” Oh my. There are enough current cases of natives protesting and fighting corporations that are ruining the water supplies of indigenous peoples that the “sacred ground” image is insulting. Funny how often and how much indigenous peoples engage in “ancient” chit.

          • Gunnut2600

            There is an interesting divide in the Anthropology world, between pure academics and those employed by large corporations. Especially in South America, large mining corporations have figured out that an Anthropologist on the payroll can pay for itself by offering solutions to problematic local populations,.

      • JozefAL

        Um, Gunnut, you need to do a bit more research yourself. The UK (through that “British colonial government”) NEVER controlled the area now known as Rwanda. That country’s ONLY colonial masters were Germany (from the late 1880s to WWI) and Belgium (from the end of WWI until the country achieved independence in 1962). The only time that Britain had anything to do with the area was a brief point during WWI when British troops managed to occupy German East Africa (but even then, very little involvement in the highland districts including modern Rwanda).
        There’s little real reason to give any credence to the rest of your comment when you don’t even have the most basic of facts correct.

        • Gunnut2600

          You are correct. I apologize. I confused my white European colonial masters.

          As per how that invalidates everything else, I fully recognize that white people hate it when folks bring up colonialism.

          • ANI N DA UK

            That or you are just a liar all around

          • Gunnut2600

            ???????

      • nathkatun7

        “The Rwanda genocide was fed by the historical better treatment that Tutsi’s received over the Hutu, by the British colonial government.”

        What an ignorant statement! Rwanda was not colonized by the British!

        • Gunnut2600

          Yeah…I admitted that I made a mistake. I confused my brutal colonial rulers. I apologize.

  • WiscoJoe

    Fear and self-aggrandizement.

  • missliberties

    “They” really think Obama is not the legimate President of the US. “They” really do believe in their hearts that Obama is a radical muslim who will enable the world takeover of the muslim brotherhood.

    • Treading_Water

      Do they really believe it or do they really believe that that’s the best fear trigger to keep the contributions flowing? I believe that they are divided into the true believers, like Bachmann or Gohmert, who are too stupid for reality to have any impact on, and the charlatans, like Cruz and Limpbaugh, who are just profiteering off of fear. Still not sure whether Alex Jones is an idiot or a charlatan.

      • Badgerite

        Think you nailed it. There is money to be made off of fear and idiots. McCarthy knew that the stuff he spewed was not true. He wasn’t stupid. He was just horrendously dishonest and ambitious for power. Any way he could get it.