3-Year-Old Reportedly Kills Herself With Hand Gun

We're going to make it a point here at The Daily Banter to report on gun deaths of children - not because anyone enjoys reading about them, but because the US has to confront the epidemic that kills twice as many children as cancer does.
We're going to make it a point here at The Daily Banter to report on gun deaths of children - not because anyone enjoys reading about them, but because the US has to confront the epidemic that kills twice as many children as cancer does.
Screen Shot 2013-09-09 at 7.19.04 PM

children-and-guns-in-the-home-cropped

We're going to make it a point here at The Daily Banter to report on gun deaths of children - not because anyone enjoys reading about them, but because the US has to confront the epidemic that kills twice as many children as cancer does. From the Huffington Post:

Yellowstone National Park officials are investigating after an Idaho woman reported her 3-year-old daughter shot herself with a handgun in a campground.

Park rangers responded Saturday morning to Grant Village Campground, but resuscitation efforts failed, resulting in what officials said was the first shooting death in the park since 1978.

Park spokesman Al Nash said Sunday that part of the campground remained cordoned off while park rangers and special park agents conduct the investigation. He said he didn't know where the girl's body was taken.

"We don't have all of the information, and we haven't drawn any conclusions," Nash said.

He said he didn't know how many family members were camping or where they are from in Idaho. Names haven't been released.

We obviously don't know the full details of the story as yet, but given the basic facts we can be pretty sure that anyone who left a small child around a loaded hand gun will be facing some pretty hefty charges. What is the solution to horrendous tragedies like this? According to the NRA and affiliated gun groups there is nothing to be done. No regulation, no amendments to the constitution. Just more guns for more people.

And more dead children.