12 Years After Robbing Store, Man Gives $400 Back With Apology Note

12 years after robbing the InterAsian Market and Deli in Nashville, Tennessee for $300, the anonymous man went back to the store with $400 and an apology note. "I am a drug addict. About 11 or 12 years ago I robbed this store with a gun. I do not use drugs anymore."
12 years after robbing the InterAsian Market and Deli in Nashville, Tennessee for $300, the anonymous man went back to the store with $400 and an apology note. "I am a drug addict. About 11 or 12 years ago I robbed this store with a gun. I do not use drugs anymore."
Screen Shot 2013-09-10 at 7.35.12 PM

Druge addict amends-letter-story-top

12 years after robbing the InterAsian Market and Deli in Nashville, Tennessee for $300, the anonymous man went back to the store with $400 and an apology note. "I am a drug addict. About 11 or 12 years ago I robber (sic) this store with a gun," read the note. "I do not use drugs anymore and I feal (sic) I must make amends to the people I have hurt in the past.....I hope you will accept this money and find forgiveness."

The note was posted by the store owners Somboon Wu and his father Keosavanh Xayarath on the store's  Instagram and Twitter account, along with the following message:

"To the anonymous person we want to tell you all is forgiven and thank you for the note. We don't care about the money. We are more inspired and touched by your act. We hope you find peace in life and prosperity. Best wishes!"

It's amazing what an apology can do.

(h/t CNN)