The Morning Banter: Racial Profiling, MLK Memorial Blunders, Dog the Bounty Hunter + More

header

Hey Ruby Tuesday, keep your eye on the prize and this week will fly by (Promise).  Now here's all the top news you missed why you were sleeping:

Screen Shot 2013-08-13 at 10.56.31 AM

The disgusting implications of Stop & Frisk on display all thanks to a 17 year old boy and his iPod.  Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Duane 'Dog' Chapman in his office in Ho

Good News! Dog The Bounty Hunter (yes, that guy) is hot on the pursuit of Edward Snowden.  That's going to make one hell of a reality television storyline arch. Dog does Russia!  I wonder if he'll wander the metro system just like all those other wild pooches running around in Moscow....

MLKQUOTE 1131375213930

The WaPo is reporting that the change of inscription on the MLK Memorial will not be finished in time for the 50th anniversary march on the Mall.  How such a gigantic fuck up was able to slip by multiple people unnoticed until AFTER the unveiling is beyond me... but now they can't even get it finished before a crucial landmark of time?  Bollocks.  Absolute bollocks.  (Let's hope they, at the very least, take some of that unseemly scaffolding away)

att-it-can-wait-no-text-and-drive-campa

This is the kind of advertising I can get behind:  Watch this documentary (created by AT&T for it's "It Can Wait" campaign) about the dangers of texting while driving.  Heavy stuff.

18poitras1-custom1-v2

How the whole Snowden debacle started -- with a simple public encryption key and a woman willing to read on.