The Morning Banter: Money Matters, Gretchen Twerks, and the Unbearable Greatness of Being Lena Dunham

Here's a quick rundown of what you should be reading on this Friday morning. Why? Because it beats working.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
Here's a quick rundown of what you should be reading on this Friday morning. Why? Because it beats working.
Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 5.45.51 PM

Here's a quick rundown of what you should be reading on this Friday morning. Why? Because it beats working.

1. Green Daze

Constantly pondering how screwed you are financially? Feel like it's making you crazy, or at least unable to think clearly? Guess what? It is.

NPR: How Money Worries Can Scramble Your Thinking/8.29.13

2. The Unbearable-est of Them All

If you didn't think it was possible for Lena Dunham to be any more insufferably self-important -- and if you needed any further proof of the dangers of privileged parents indulging their children's every whim and spoon feeding their egos until they're titanium-plated -- I give you the quote of the week: "I’m just so beautiful. Everybody is so lucky that they get to look at me." That was Dunham standing in front of the mirror at 10-years-old, according to an interview with her in the new issue of Marie Claire UK.

Actually, I take it back. This is the quote of the week, from a commenter to the Salon story about Dunham's self-love: "And she'll stay beautiful, 'til some careless boater leaves outboard scars on her ass."

Salon: Lena Dunham Has Always Loved Her Body/8.29.13

3. No.

Here's Gretchen Carlson twerking. Because we hate you.

The Huffington Post: Gretchen Carlson Attempts Twerking and We Don't Know Why/8.29.13

4. Stage Right

Nine Inch Nails have already made their new album, Hesitation Marks, available to stream -- it's their best record since The Fragile -- and now they're giving you a look at what's going into the impressive stage show this tour.

Happy Friday, kids.