The Morning Banter: Annoying Millenials, Chemical Weapons in Syria, Zimmerman Wants His Money Back

Morning all, and welcome to Tuesday's edition of 'The Morning Banter' where we do our best to find the most interesting stories that we couldn't be bothered to write about ourselves. What's on the menu today? Lots of interesting stuff.
Morning all, and welcome to Tuesday's edition of 'The Morning Banter' where we do our best to find the most interesting stories that we couldn't be bothered to write about ourselves. What's on the menu today? Lots of interesting stuff.
shutterstock_113552572

Millennials: Too important to work in Washington

Morning all, and welcome to Tuesday's edition of 'The Morning Banter' where we do our best to find the most interesting stories that we couldn't be bothered to write about ourselves. What's on the menu today? Lots of interesting stuff:

Syria using chemical weapons against its own people, US and UK mulls attack

Secretary of State John Kerry announced that there was "undeniable" evidence that the Syrian government is using chemical weapons against its own people. US Defense Secretary John Hagel announced that: "We are prepared, we have moved assets in place to be able to fulfil and comply with whatever option the president wishes to take, if he wishes to take any of the options he’s asked for. We are ready to go, like that."

Quick reminder to all Americans: Interventions in the Middle East haven't traditionally gone well for you in the past, so let's not rush into anything again...

BBC: US ready to launch Syria strike, says Chuck Hagel

Millennials too important to work in politics

Millennials are apparently people born between 1982 and 2003. Mostly though, they're annoying hipsters brought up on MTV and iPods. Anyhow, they are very important because they'll all be running the country pretty soon and worryingly, they're not interested in taking part in the current political system. How do we get the 'me' generation to take the nonsense going on in Washington seriously? According to Ron Fournier in the Atlantic, they'll have to radically change it for them to stay interested in things like governing.

The Atlantic: The Outsiders: How Can Millennials Change Washington If They Hate It?

George Zimmerman Wants His Money Back

Not content with murdering an innocent black teenager, getting away with it, and having racist gun nuts fund his defense, George Zimmerman plans to ask the state of Florida to cover $200,000 to $300,000 of his legal expenses. His attorney told the Orlando Sentinel on Monday that they will sending the state the tab because under state law, once acquitted, the defendant is entitled to have their legal expenses paid for.

Orlando Sentinel: O'Mara: George Zimmerman will ask state to cover $200K-$300K of his legal bills

Colin Powell gets down with Jamie Foxx

Generally speaking, political figures should never dance in public. The sight of Karl Rove 'dancing' alongside David Gregory almost ruined white people's credibility in general, and should have stopped any other wannabe 'cool' politician from doing something similar. Colin Powell however, decided it was ok for him to get up alongside Jamie Foxx at the Apollo in the Hamptons, and get down to a Daft Punk song. Judge for yourself whether you think the former secretary of state can move:

Until tomorrow, folks.