Sydney Leather's Guide to Bagging a Politician

Anthony Weiner's sexting partner Sydney Leathers is selling a sex tape in the wake of the scandal. She has also provided a guide to bagging politicians and gold digging. Does this signify the end of humanity?
Anthony Weiner's sexting partner Sydney Leathers is selling a sex tape in the wake of the scandal. She has also provided a guide to bagging politicians and gold digging. Does this signify the end of humanity?
Screen Shot 2013-08-08 at 11.31.47 AM

Sydney-Leathers-Facebook-Photos-LB

For anyone living under a rock for the last few weeks, let me explain this week’s piece.

The guy trying to be mayor of New York - the guy who claims that after sexual indiscretions several years ago he has “changed”, was outed again by a girl who came out in the press claiming to have had a sexting affair with him very recently.

She’s young. He’s not.

She’s fame hungry. So is he.

His name is Anthony Weiner. He likes sending pictures of his dick.

Her name is Sydney Leathers. She is now the proud star of her own porn video.

And now, for all who want to hear her side of the story and excuses why her behaviour is perfectly acceptable she has written an incredibly enlightening piece on xojane.com

“Why does having a sexting affair with a married man or even doing porn make someone a “bad person”?" Writes Leathers. "Give me a break. I’m not a war criminal. I’m a human being.”

Yes, I too feel better knowing that on top of everything else, she is not a war criminal. But does that mean as long as you aren’t bombing a country or gassing your fellow countrymen you can do what you like without feeling the consequences?

Apparently not.

“All is fair in love and war. I’m not the one who is married,” she writes.

Yeah, because that makes it ok.

And because every woman in the world is obviously desperate to follow in her high-heeled footsteps, Sydney has provided her guide to bagging a politician.

(Bill Clinton – you thought Monica was bad. Bet this makes you glad that sexting wasn’t around back in those days or that you didn’t pick someone who is bat-shit crazy for fame, you just got bat-shit crazy)

Sydney has provided ten incredibly helpful tips on to how you can find yourself in the enviable position she now finds herself in plastered all over gossip magazines looking like a prostitute. Here's the edited version:

"Indulge in his crazy alter-ego and whatever you do, don’t laugh at him. When in doubt, use a smiley face and tell him you actually mean it."

"It’s important to pretend like you’re thinking about them 24/7."

"Figure out his weaknesses early on. If he’s insecure, you’ve hit gold. Then torture him by playing hard to get."

"Make him jealous and then switch it up and make him feel secure."

"Go for someone who you know is tempted by hot chicks online. Once he’s interested, find out his fetish as soon as you can."

"Yes, Anthony is married with a child. SO you have to be comfortable that some people are going to brand you as an evil home wrecker. Don’t read the negative comments or tweets."

"Also for the record, I didn’t ask for any dick pictures. He brought it up first. He actually labeled the first one, ‘For Syd.’ How sweet. Even when he asked me to delete them, I would keep it just in case. Like a security blanket. I said that I didn't, but I did. He could easily say I was stalking him."

"Find a horny non-politician to finance all the expensive shoes and lingerie pics you’re sexting your politician boyfriend."

"I don’t know about you, but I’m really bad at monogamy."

"At the same time as my Anthony affair, I did have a guy who was sending me money. I never hooked up with him, I just sent him photos. I felt like I needed to."

"Tell him how big his weiner is."

To be honest I don’t really know where to start with this. The whole situation seems like the most down a rabbit hole, in Lost (the tv show), in a maze where nothing exists, lost cause ever. Both parties are as equally disgusting as each other. Neither deserve the added attention of becoming mayor or being paid to masturbate on camera. It’s a despairing case. It makes me sad. It makes me think that society has lost all boundaries and notions of what is good and bad, of what should be considered good or bad. It makes me think that people who then say, ‘well it’s not my fault’ that they have some sort of psychological illness.

Being good, being nice, being decent, being reliable, being honest, being genuine, having integrity, abiding by laws and rules and regulations is not something that should be seen as restrictive. It’s ok to be the nice guy. It’s ok to be the girl who can be relied upon.

Everything that has come out of this sordid story is proof that when two fucked up people come together nothing good can come of it. When people are so fame-hungry, so desperate for attention, so desperate to have something said about them, whatever it is that is being said, you get outed sext pests like Anthony Weiner running for the Mayor of New York, and 23 year old paralegals ruining their future career by selling sex tapes.

I wish them both many happy years in therapy where one day they get their grand breakthrough and realize that the world does not revolve around them. In the mean time, it makes me want to watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians, because even they set a better example.