Steve King Thinks The Unemployed Are Like Lazy Kids

Can't get a job? You're like a lazy kid who doesn't want to do chores!
Can't get a job? You're like a lazy kid who doesn't want to do chores!
Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 10.04.04 AM

congressman-steve-king

In South Carolina on Monday, Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) called on the unemployed to "step up" and get themselves into the work force. Telling an audience in Charleston that those without jobs are kept unproductive by Obama because "we have become a dependency state," King likened the jobless to lazy kids who refuse to do household chores.

"Now, what kind of a family, if you had six kids and a third of your kids would say, ‘I’m not doing the chores, Mom’?" Said King. "If any of them say, ‘I refuse, I’m not going to participate, I’m not going to contribute to the American GDP.’ Pretty soon those kids [would understand] 'you get to eat after you do the work! Not just in hopes that one day you might actually do the work!"

It's somewhat better than Mitt Romney's '47%' remarks during the Presidential election last year (King only thinks 33.333% are social parasites), but not by a lot.

Seemingly oblivious to America's collapsing industries, the effect of the banking crisis that wiped out a third of the nation's wealth 5 years ago and the rapid decline of consumer demand (and therefore jobs in the service industry), laziness would certainly be the best explanation if you literally didn't know anything about economics...

According to King "we have free enterprise capitalism" in America so no one should have an excuse.

No jobs available? Look harder! You'll find one despite them not actually existing - it's all about positive mental attitude. And if you really can't, just become a self made millionaire! It's incredibly easy to start the next big thing when you don't have a job, can't pay rent, and can't get a bank loan. Just remember, do the work!