Spare a Thought for Poor Bruce Willis

we should give a thought to poor Bruce Willis who has said that he doesn’t really like doing action films now because they’re a bit boring. Despite being paid millions to make (what feels like) 20 Die Hard films and numerous others where he’s an up-against-it action hero, Bruce says that it’s terribly tiresome.
we should give a thought to poor Bruce Willis who has said that he doesn’t really like doing action films now because they’re a bit boring. Despite being paid millions to make (what feels like) 20 Die Hard films and numerous others where he’s an up-against-it action hero, Bruce says that it’s terribly tiresome.
shutterstock_45454027

Bruce Willis: Never an easy day for the multi millionaire

Life is tough for some celebrities. All the money, the fame… I forget the other positive reasons, no doubt others would add the adoration, the fans and the paychecks...

But we should give a thought to poor Bruce Willis who has said that he doesn’t really like doing action films now because they’re a bit boring.

Despite being paid millions to make (what feels like) 20 Die Hard films and numerous others where he’s an up-against-it action hero, Bruce says that it’s terribly tiresome.

“Explosions are one of the most boring parts of my job," said Bruce recently to Spain’s XLS Magazine. "When you have seen a few fireballs, it’s not exciting anymore. I know part of my audience enjoys the explosions, but to be honest, I’m a bit bored of it now.”

After seeing the last Die Hard (on a plane, I might add, I did not pay to see this film), I’m not surprised he was bored making it. I was half asleep watching it. And if he is really that bored of all the explosions, why has he signed up for Die Hard 6?

Could it possibly have something to do with Sylvester Stallone calling Bruce “Greedy and lazy,” and having him thrown off the Expendables 3 cast (another cracker, no doubt) because he wanted to be paid $4 million for a couple of days work? And, to add insult to injury, he’s been replaced by 71 year-old Harrison Ford.

Being worth $150 million must be difficult when you consider there are more bills to pay and especially if your job is to stand around and say words someone else has written for you while things explode.

It almost makes me feel sorry for him.

(Image via cinemafestival / Shutterstock.com)