Shock! Donald Trump's University Turns Out to be Bullsh*t

In a huge revelation, it turns out that "Trump University" - the higher education institute started by the reputable champion of the birther movement, Donald Trump, is in fact a giant money making scam!
In a huge revelation, it turns out that "Trump University" - the higher education institute started by the reputable champion of the birther movement, Donald Trump, is in fact a giant money making scam!
trump-pout

In a huge revelation, it turns out that "Trump University" - the higher education institute started by the reputable champion of the birther movement, Donald Trump, is in fact a giant money making scam! From the Guardian:

New York's attorney-general has sued Donald Trump for $40 million, saying the real estate mogul helped run a phoney "Trump University" that promised to make students rich but instead steered them into expensive and mostly useless seminars, and even failed to deliver promised apprenticeships.

Trump shot back that the Democrat's lawsuit was false and politically motivated.

Citing wide scale fraud, Attorney-general Eric Schneiderman stated that, "Trump University engaged in deception at every stage of consumers' advancement through costly programmes and caused real financial harm....Trump University, with Donald Trump's knowledge and participation, relied on Trump's name recognition and celebrity status to take advantage of consumers who believed in the Trump brand."

Apparently, students paid between $1,495 and $35,000 to do three-day seminars with Trumps 'hand picked' instructors and were then offered "Trump Elite" mentorships costing between $10,000 to $35,000 to get individual instruction until they made their first real estate deal. The lawsuit charges that the program failed to deliver on its promises and in some cases failed to stop billing students after their courses had ended.

Trump is crying foul, claiming Schneiderman is politically motivated. “He sits up in my office asking me for campaign contributions, he’s been there numerous times," Trump said on Fox & Friends this morning. "He’s a political hack. He figures by going after Trump, he can get some publicity, which he will get, but we’ll try and make it uncomfortable as possible.”

Trump also claimed that the lawsuit was filed Saturday because of a meeting Schneiderman had with President Barack Obama. “They meet on Thursday evening," said Trump. I get sued by this A.G. Schneiderman, I get sued on Saturday at one o’clock.... they obviously did it very quickly, but probably Obama — maybe this is a mini IRS. Maybe we have to get the Tea Party after these people because this could very well be a mini IRS.”

Schneiderman fired back on CNN this morning, saying "The president and I had much more important stuff to talk about than Donald Trump. [President Obama] was giving a speech about education in Syracuse about affordability. I’ve never discussed Donald Trump with the president."

Of course Trump could be right - it's entirely likely that Obama is still fearful of the real estate mogul's research into his dubious birth circumstances (he may still have operatives in Hawaii after all).

Or Trump is complete full of shit and his 'university' is another ruse to line his pockets. Difficult to tell really...