President Obama 'Not Considering Any Open Ended Commitment' in Syria (VIDEO)

President Obama spoke with reporters today and outlined his case against Syria's use of chemical weapons to attack and kill more than a thousand civilians, including hundreds of children. The president also said he hasn't committed to action yet, but that the chemical weapons represent a threat to U.S. national security.
President Obama spoke with reporters today and outlined his case against Syria's use of chemical weapons to attack and kill more than a thousand civilians, including hundreds of children. The president also said he hasn't committed to action yet, but that the chemical weapons represent a threat to U.S. national security.
obama_syria

President Obama spoke with reporters today and outlined his case against Syria's use of chemical weapons to attack and kill more than a thousand civilians, including hundreds of children. The president also said he hasn't committed to action yet, but that the chemical weapons represent a threat to U.S. national security.

President Barack Obama said in an afternoon statement that he is considering a "limited, narrow act" of military response in Syria, and said that its government's chemical-weapons attack is a "challenge to the world," according to a White House pool report.
"We cannot accept a world where women and children and innocent civilians are gassed on a terrible scale," Obama said.

Obama said that he has not yet made a final decision on how to proceed. He said that his military had provided a range of options.

"We're not considering any open ended commitment. We're not considering any boots on the ground approach," Obama said, according to the pool report.