A Note to Commenters and Trolls

To reiterate our main commenting policy here at The Daily Banter: don't be a dick. It's pretty simple, so please stick to it if you wish to take part in the conversation.
To reiterate our main commenting policy here at The Daily Banter: don't be a dick. It's pretty simple, so please stick to it if you wish to take part in the conversation.
comment policy resize

commenting policy

We've spent the last couple of days trawling through the comments section on the site due to a number of them being flagged by our readers. While for the most part the debate on The Daily Banter is highly intelligent, interesting and civil, some commenters are ruining it for everyone else. Given the site is about fostering debate (hence the term 'Banter') it is essential that we keep things amicable when chiming in on a topic. Aggressive comments and name calling scares readers away and we simply won't tolerate it. We've banned several commenters from posting on the site and deleted some comment threads that descended into name calling. While some of you may have been innocent in all of this, if you took part in silly squabbling, your thread most likely got deleted.

To reiterate our main commenting policy here at The Daily Banter: don't be a dick.

It's pretty simple, so please stick to it if you wish to take part in the conversation.

To all those posting thoughtful, civilized comments in response to our articles - a big Thank You. You make the site what it is and we love you.