Tomorrow Wendy

Today's column over at the Daily Banter takes a look at Wendy Davis's somewhat stunning but truly ballsy admission: Texas's women are going to lose the battle over a draconian abortion bill tomorrow. Here's the opening shot:"It may not have seemed possible, but in some strange way I respect Wendy Davis even more right now that I did the night she stood up and stood down a draconian anti-abortion bill two weeks ago on the floor of the Texas senate. Davis’s 13-hour filibuster was instantly the stuff of political and cultural legend, but in some ways it takes even more guts to admit to ugly reality than it does to rally the hopeful to action. Or maybe it’s like this: It takes guts to both rally the hopeful and admit that despite that you’re still going to lose the battle at hand."Read the Rest Here
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
[...]

/Screen+Shot+2013-07-11+at+9.17.58+AM.png