10 Great Quotes About America For the 4th of July!!

The fourth of July means different things to different people. To Americans, it is a celebration of their independence from the British Empire. To Brits, it is a day of sorrow at the loss of a very big pot of money. The team here at The Daily Banter are a mix of Americans and Brits, and for the most part, we get on pretty well. That is until July 4th comes around and we all get a bit snitty.
The fourth of July means different things to different people. To Americans, it is a celebration of their independence from the British Empire. To Brits, it is a day of sorrow at the loss of a very big pot of money. The team here at The Daily Banter are a mix of Americans and Brits, and for the most part, we get on pretty well. That is until July 4th comes around and we all get a bit snitty.
Screen Shot 2013-07-03 at 9.05.48 PM

The fourth of July means different things to different people. To Americans, it is a celebration of their independence from the British Empire. To Brits, it is a day of sorrow at the loss of a very big pot of money. The team here at The Daily Banter are a mix of Americans and Brits, and for the most part, we get on pretty well. That is until July 4th comes around and we all get a bit snitty.

shutterstock_103957952

It will all blow over by the 5th, but in the mean time, here's a selection of quotes about this great country from some great Americans and Brits who have a thing or two to say about this great nation.

1. "If our Founding Fathers wanted us to care about the rest of the world, they wouldn't have declared their independence from it."
– Stephen Colbert

2. "When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat."
– George Carlin

3. "The youth of America is their oldest tradition. It has been going on now for three hundred years."
– Oscar Wilde

4. "It only takes a room of Americans for the English and Australians to realise how much we have in common."
– Stephen Fry

5. "I believe in American exceptionalism, just as I suspect that the Brits believe in British exceptionalism and the Greeks believe in Greek exceptionalism."
- Barack Obama

6. “America: It's like Britain, only with buttons.”
- Ringo Starr

7.  “England and America are two countries separated by the same language.”

― George Bernard Shaw

8. "It was wonderful to find America, but it would have been more wonderful to miss it."

- Mark Twain

9. "Europe was created by history. America was created by philosophy."

- Margaret Thatcher

10. "I am proud to be an American. Because an American can eat anything on the face of this earth as long as he has two pieces of bread."

– Bill Cosby