The Madness of Kanye West

You’re wondering why Kanye West is interesting. We get that. But the following is a frightening account of what happens when someone who has had success forgets where he is and what he is doing. A bit like Tony Blair after he stepped down as British Prime Minister and tried to fix the Middle East. Or Arnold Schwarznegger when he decided it was a good idea to do Expendables 2.
You’re wondering why Kanye West is interesting. We get that. But the following is a frightening account of what happens when someone who has had success forgets where he is and what he is doing. A bit like Tony Blair after he stepped down as British Prime Minister and tried to fix the Middle East. Or Arnold Schwarznegger when he decided it was a good idea to do Expendables 2.
shutterstock_117148972

Kanye West: Mad

You’re wondering why Kanye West is interesting. I get that. But the following is a frightening account of what happens when someone who has had success forgets where he is and what he is doing. A bit like Tony Blair after he stepped down as British Prime Minister and tried to fix the Middle East. Or Arnold Schwarznegger when he decided it was a good idea to do Expendables 2.

It’s days like today that make me happy there are celebrities in this world. Celebrities are mad. Bonkers. Out of this world crazy. They have no sense of reality. They don’t know which way is up. Normally these sorts of people in the ‘real world’ are those you find talking to rubbish bins (trash cans for you Americans) and lampposts in the street. But when you’re a celebrity, people listen to what you say and pretend to take you seriously. And record it. And publish it.

Below are some excerpts from an interview Kanye West gave to the New York Times. They are real, even if they sound as if someone has made them up for a laugh:

Kanye on being like Michael Jordan:

“You know, if Michael Jordan can scream at the refs, me as Kanye West, as the Michael Jordan of music, can go and say, “This is wrong.””

Kanye on winning Grammys and white people:

“I don’t know if this is statistically right, but I’m assuming I have the most Grammys of anyone my age, but I haven’t won one against a white person.”

Kanye on being very important:

“I am so credible and so influential and so relevant that I will change things.”

Kanye on love:

“I’m the type of rock star that likes to have a girlfriend, you know? I’m the type of soul that likes to be in love and likes to be able to focus. And that inspires me.”

Kanye on humility and wearing kilts:

“The idea of Kanye and vanity are like, synonymous. But I’ve put myself in a lot of places where a vain person wouldn’t put themselves in. Like what’s vanity about wearing a kilt?”

Kanye on not liking European cars:

“I would rather sit in a factory than sit in a Maybach.”

Kanye on taking over from Steve Jobs:

“I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period. By a long jump. I honestly feel that because Steve has passed, you know, it’s like when Biggie passed and Jay-Z was allowed to become Jay-Z.”

Kanye on being the source of all things money:

“I will be the leader of a company that ends up being worth billions of dollars, because I got the answers. I understand culture. I am the nucleus.”

Aside from being a “nucleus” and “the Michael Jordan of music” it seems that instead of Kanye sitting in a factory instead of his Maybach, he may have slept with a fan while pregnant girlfriend Kim Kardashian was busy growing their baby.

What an all-round great guy.

They’re rare these days.

(Image via_bukley/Shutterstock.com)