Darrell Issa Is Not a Tool

But he plays one on TV.

Yesterday, Chairman of the House Government Reform and Oversight Committee Darrell Issa called White House Press SecretaryJay Carney a "paid liar."  As former communications staff for different government officials and politicians, one thing I would never do is lie to the press.  It's just not worth it.  Issa's comments, while in keeping with the general tone we have come to expect in politics, are ridiculous.  As a Democrat, I hope he does continues his clear overreach because he is and it's obscuring any valid points he may have.  Benghazi was a tragedy, not a scandal, but the press issue and the flap over at the Internal Revenue Service deserve investigating.

Watch Issa prove me wrong here:

Oh, it is worth noting, that Issa may know a thing or two about "paid liars" as his then-spokesperson Kurt Bardella impersonated Issa in an interview with Howard Kurtz (writing then for the Daily Beast).  You can read more about that here.

Enhanced by Zemanta